Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Burkley
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in 2011, I was inspired to create some Halloween-themed cards for a Halloween Dominion game. Some of those cards were later tweaked, but I've added to the list. Most cards were created with images from the internet, some of which may be propietary, so I have not posted those - but for those who wanted to make up some for themselves, there are planty of images to choose from.

This is not intended as a stand-alone set, but merely to add some Halloween spirit to the occasion.

ALL SAINTS’ DAY, Cost 4, 1VP, Action-Victory: +1 Action, +1 Card, You may trash one card. Each other player may trash one Curse.

BLACK CAT, Cost 4, Action: Randomly choose one card from the Black Market deck. If it is a: Action: Play immediately and return to the Black Market deck; Treasure: Play at Buy Phase and return to Black Market; Victory: Put in hand.

CANDY, Cost 3, Action-Reaction: +1 Action, +1 Card, If an Attack would affect your hand or your cards, you may trash this card to cancel the effect and gain two "+1 Action" tokens that must be used on your next turn.

GHOST, Cost 2, Action-Duration: +1 Action, Place Ghost on top of any Kingdom stack. The Kingdom stack covered by Ghost cannot be bought or gained. Remove and trash Ghost at the end of your next Action Phase.

GOBLINS, Cost 3, Action-Attack: +1 Card, Each other player must trash one card. You may gain one card that was trashed by this Attack.

HALLOWEEN, Cost 2, Action: +1 Action, +2 Cards, Discard one card from your hand. Each other player may discard one card and draw one card.

HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS, Cost 3, Action-Duration: +1 Card, While this card is in play, other players’ Attack cards do not affect you.

HAUNTED VILLAGE, Cost 3, Action: +2 Actions, You may also: +1 coin; gain a Curse.

HEX, Cost 5, Action-Attack: Choose target opponent. Target opponent reveals the top three cards of their draw deck. Choose one card to copy and play the copy immediately. Hex cannot be canceled by Moat.

JACK O’LANTERN, Cost 2, Action-Reaction: +2 Cards, If an Attack would affect your hand or cards, you may reveal Jack O’Lantern. If you do, draw two cards and replace two cards on top of your deck.

PUMPKIN MOON, Cost 3, Action-Reaction: +2 Cards, If an Attack would affect your hand or cards, you may reveal Pumpkin Moon to cancel the effect and force the active player to discard one card immediately. (You need to find the right picture on the internet to properly illustrate this card. You will know it when you find it.)

SAMHAIN, Cost 4, Action: Reveal the top card of your deck and trash it. Gain a card within ±1 coin in value and place it on top of your deck.

TRICK OR TREAT, Cost 3, Action: choose one: +1 Buy, +3 Coins, gain a Curse; or +1 Action, +1 Coin, gain a copper.

ZOMBIES, Cost 3, Action-Attack: +1 Card, Each other player must trash one card. If a Victory card is trashed, that player gains a Ruins.

ZOMBIES!!!, Cost 4, Action-Attack: Gain a Zombie token and attack one or more opponents. Each opponent successfully attacked must either gain a Curse, discard a card, trash a card to gain a Ruins, or lose a token, for each Zombie token committed. (This was inspired by my friends that love the Zombies!!! series of games. Requires the plastic Zombie tokens from Zombies!!! Also uses a special Attack sequence where the attacking player commits Zombie tokens against one or more opponents. Attacked opponents may then reveal and/or play any Reaction cards to cancel or affect the attack(s). Successful attacks are resolved as the card says.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Eckman
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Do you have photo copies of the cards in your Halloween set available to post to this site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carey
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Pumpkin Moon a moon in the sky, or another type of moon? Google has two different types lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Burkley
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be the latter kind of moon.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carey
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol yep that seems more fitting haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve L

Massachusetts
msg tools
Ramilles wrote:
Back in 2011, I was inspired to create some Halloween-themed cards for a Halloween Dominion game. Some of those cards were later tweaked, but I've added to the list. Most cards were created with images from the internet, some of which may be propietary, so I have not posted those - but for those who wanted to make up some for themselves, there are planty of images to choose from.

This is not intended as a stand-alone set, but merely to add some Halloween spirit to the occasion.

ALL SAINTS’ DAY, Cost 4, 1VP, Action-Victory: +1 Action, +1 Card, You may trash one card. Each other player may trash one Curse.

BLACK CAT, Cost 4, Action: Randomly choose one card from the Black Market deck. If it is a: Action: Play immediately and return to the Black Market deck; Treasure: Play at Buy Phase and return to Black Market; Victory: Put in hand.

How does this handle Action - Victory cards like Nobles? Do you choose? The same for Treasure - Victory cards like Harem.

Quote:
CANDY, Cost 3, Action-Reaction: +1 Action, +1 Card, If an Attack would affect your hand or your cards, you may trash this card to cancel the effect and gain two "+1 Action" tokens that must be used on your next turn.

Cancel the Attack for everyone or just for you?

I'd probably word this:

Candy
Action - Reaction
+1 Action
+1 Card
When another player plays an Attack card, you may reveal this from your hand and trash it. If you do, you are unaffected by that Attack and at the start of your next turn +2 Actions.

Quote:
GHOST, Cost 2, Action-Duration: +1 Action, Place Ghost on top of any Kingdom stack. The Kingdom stack covered by Ghost cannot be bought or gained. Remove and trash Ghost at the end of your next Action Phase.

GOBLINS, Cost 3, Action-Attack: +1 Card, Each other player must trash one card. You may gain one card that was trashed by this Attack.

HALLOWEEN, Cost 2, Action: +1 Action, +2 Cards, Discard one card from your hand. Each other player may discard one card and draw one card.

Laboratory costs 5. Does being forced to discard one card and your opponents having a chance to cycle one card decrease the cost by 3? I'm skeptical.

Quote:

HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS, Cost 3, Action-Duration: +1 Card, While this card is in play, other players’ Attack cards do not affect you.

Is +1 Card, -1 Action, - "Now and at the start of your next turn, +$1" worth an extra 1 cost over Lighthouse?

Quote:

HAUNTED VILLAGE, Cost 3, Action: +2 Actions, You may also: +1 coin; gain a Curse.

HEX, Cost 5, Action-Attack: Choose target opponent. Target opponent reveals the top three cards of their draw deck. Choose one card to copy and play the copy immediately. Hex cannot be canceled by Moat.

Do you want Hex to be immune to Reactions or specifically to Moat?

Quote:

JACK O’LANTERN, Cost 2, Action-Reaction: +2 Cards, If an Attack would affect your hand or cards, you may reveal Jack O’Lantern. If you do, draw two cards and replace two cards on top of your deck.

PUMPKIN MOON, Cost 3, Action-Reaction: +2 Cards, If an Attack would affect your hand or cards, you may reveal Pumpkin Moon to cancel the effect and force the active player to discard one card immediately. (You need to find the right picture on the internet to properly illustrate this card. You will know it when you find it.)

SAMHAIN, Cost 4, Action: Reveal the top card of your deck and trash it. Gain a card within ±1 coin in value and place it on top of your deck.

I would NEVER buy this without a good "clairvoyance" card except MAYBE at the beginning of the game when I had only Coppers and Estates. Way too random. Give someone a choice when they reveal a Province in a non-Platinum game. Off the top of my head (not playtested or anything)

Deal with the Devil
Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. Choose one: gain one Curses for every 3 in the cost of the revealed card (rounded up) or trash the revealed card and gain a card whose cost is one more than, one less than, or the same as the cost of the revealed card.

Yes, revealing a Province is probably going to cost you 3 Curses.

Quote:

TRICK OR TREAT, Cost 3, Action: choose one: +1 Buy, +3 Coins, gain a Curse; or +1 Action, +1 Coin, gain a copper.

Trick or treat isn't an attack??? Again off the top of my head:

Trick or Treat
?
Action - Attack
Each other player may trash a Treasure card from his or her hand. You may gain one of the trashed Treasures. Each other player who didn't trash a Treasure card gains a Curse.

Quote:

ZOMBIES, Cost 3, Action-Attack: +1 Card, Each other player must trash one card. If a Victory card is trashed, that player gains a Ruins.

ZOMBIES!!!, Cost 4, Action-Attack: Gain a Zombie token and attack one or more opponents. Each opponent successfully attacked must either gain a Curse, discard a card, trash a card to gain a Ruins, or lose a token, for each Zombie token committed. (This was inspired by my friends that love the Zombies!!! series of games. Requires the plastic Zombie tokens from Zombies!!! Also uses a special Attack sequence where the attacking player commits Zombie tokens against one or more opponents. Attacked opponents may then reveal and/or play any Reaction cards to cancel or affect the attack(s). Successful attacks are resolved as the card says.)

I didn't really look at these too closely.

If we're going with Halloween effects:

Costumes
?
Action - Duration
Choose two Action cards from the supply. Until the end of your next turn, each of those chosen cards has the name, cost, types, and text of the other chosen card instead of their regular name, cost, types, and text. The chosen cards can't be chosen by another Costumes card while this Costumes card is in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Burkley
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wybaar wrote:
Ramilles wrote:

How does this handle Action - Victory cards like Nobles? Do you choose? The same for Treasure - Victory cards like Harem.

Start from top to bottom, so an Action-Victory card would be resolved as am Action. A Treasure-Victory would be resolved as a Treasure.

Wybaar wrote:
Quote:

Cancel the Attack for everyone or just for you?

I'd probably word this:

Candy
Action - Reaction
+1 Action
+1 Card
When another player plays an Attack card, you may reveal this from your hand and trash it. If you do, you are unaffected by that Attack and at the start of your next turn +2 Actions.
That revision is a more effective way to describe what I intended.

Wybaar wrote:
Quote:

Laboratory costs 5. Does being forced to discard one card and your opponents having a chance to cycle one card decrease the cost by 3? I'm skeptical.
I originally costed it at 3, but a friend that plays Dominion way more often than I was convinced it should be 2, with a net +1 Action, +1 card, and everyone getting a draw & discard.

Wybaar wrote:
Quote:

Is +1 Card, -1 Action, - "Now and at the start of your next turn, +$1" worth an extra 1 cost over Lighthouse?
That's a valid question.

Wybaar wrote:
Quote:

Do you want Hex to be immune to Reactions or specifically to Moat?
Specifically to Moat. There are a number of other Reactions that could trigger, but not actually cancel the attack.

Wybaar wrote:
Quote:

I would NEVER buy this without a good "clairvoyance" card except MAYBE at the beginning of the game when I had only Coppers and Estates. Way too random. Give someone a choice when they reveal a Province in a non-Platinum game. Off the top of my head (not playtested or anything).
I agree with your intial reaction. It works better with cards that arrange and/or reveal the top of your deck.

Wybaar wrote:
Deal with the Devil
Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. Choose one: gain one Curses for every 3 in the cost of the revealed card (rounded up) or trash the revealed card and gain a card whose cost is one more than, one less than, or the same as the cost of the revealed card.

Yes, revealing a Province is probably going to cost you 3 Curses.

I like this suggestion!

Wybaar wrote:
Quote:

Trick or treat isn't an attack???
As written, it doesn't affect other players, and it's a choice for the active player.

Wybaar wrote:
Again off the top of my head:

Trick or Treat
?
Action - Attack
Each other player may trash a Treasure card from his or her hand. You may gain one of the trashed Treasures. Each other player who didn't trash a Treasure card gains a Curse.
That's another good suggestion, but I don't think I would call it "Trick or Treat".

Wybaar wrote:
Quote:

I didn't really look at these too closely.

If we're going with Halloween effects:

Costumes
?
Action - Duration
Choose two Action cards from the supply. Until the end of your next turn, each of those chosen cards has the name, cost, types, and text of the other chosen card instead of their regular name, cost, types, and text. The chosen cards can't be chosen by another Costumes card while this Costumes card is in play.
[/q]Interesting, but that could be too confusing for the casual players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carey
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is an old post and out of season but I am still a big fan of these heh. Just putting that out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Burkley
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad to see that someone else gets a kick out of this as much as I do...

I have expanded this to a "stand-alone" set, converting the coin cards to minutes, and re-naming the victory cards as candy cards. As these have seen more play, I've edited a number of them to balance or clarify:

THE ADDAMS FAMILY (Same as Ambassador from Seaside.)

A FAMILY HALLOWEEN, Cost 4, Action: +1 Action. Trash a card in your hand. If you do, gain a Silver card (2 Minute card) and place it in your hand. (Has a picture of a family of four dressed as the characters from the Wizard of Oz.)

ALL SAINTS’ DAY, Cost 4, 1VP, Action-Victory: +1 Action, +1 Card. You may trash one card. Each other player may trash one Curse.

CANDY, Cost 3, Action-Reaction: +1 Action, +1 Card, If an Attack would affect your hand or your cards, you may trash this card to cancel the effect and gain two "+1 Action" tokens that must be used on your next turn. (has a Jack-o-Lantern basket with some candy corn lying beside it.)

CHOPPED HALLOWEEN, Cost 4, Action: +3 Cards. All players reveal the top card of their deck. The player that reveals a Victory card with the highest cost gains a copy of that card. If that player was not you: +1 Card. (Has an image from CHOPPED Halloween.)

CONTRABAND (Same as in Prosperity, but I added a picture of the "candy" Frank Barone gave the kids during the Halloween episode...)

DOUBLE DIPPING (Same as Smugglers from Seaside, but added a picture of a little kid sneaking another grab in the candy bowl as the nice lady was turned away...)

FOGGY NIGHT, Cost 2, Action: +1 Card. Choose one: Trash one card to gain one Coin token, or - Discard one card to draw one card. (Has a picture of a bridge during a foggy night with some lights from Halloween decorations.)

FRANK(ENSTEIN) BARONE, Cost 3, Action: +1 Action, +1 Buy. When you discard this from play, you may put one of your Treasury (Time) cards from play on top of your deck. (Has an image of Frank Barone dressed up as Frankenstein.)

FRIENDS, Cost 5, Action: +1 Action, +1 Card. Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Discard any of them and place the rest on top in any order. (Has an image from Friends with the whole gang in Halloween outfits.)

GHOST, Cost 2, Action-Duration: +1 Action. Place Ghost on top of any stack in the Supply. No one can gain a card from the stack that Ghost "haunts". Play a copy of the card that Ghost "haunts". Trash Ghost at the start of your next turn. (Has an image of someone under a white sheet with eyeholes cut out.)

GOBLINS, Cost 3, Action-Attack: +1 Card. Each other player must trash one card. You may gain one card that was trashed by this Attack. (Has an image of green-skinned goblins.)

THE GREAT PUMPKIN, Cost 6, Action: +2 Actions, +1 Card, +2 Coins (Minutes). Only one Great Pumpkin may be played per turn. (Has an image of Linus and Sally in the pumpkin patch.)

HALLOWEEN, Cost 2, Action: +1 Action, +2 Cards, Discard one card from your hand. Each other player may discard one card and draw one card. (Has a spooky image of a smiling Jack-o-Lantern.)

HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS, Cost 3, Action-Duration: +1 Action, +1 Card. At the start of your next turn: +1 Card. While this card is in play, Attack cards do not affect you. (Has an image of a path leading to a doorway with all kinds of Halloween decorations on either side.)

HALLOWEEN FRIGHT FIGHT (Same as Altar from Dark Ages. Has a picture of "The Great Halloween Fright Fight".)

HALLOWEEN NIGHT, Cost 3, Action-Duration: +5 Cards. Place 5 cards underneath. Next turn: Discard your hand and take the cards underneath into your hand. (Picture is a pumpkin patch with a full moon and a witch flying.)

HALLOWEEN SPOOKS, Cost 4, Action: +2 Cards. All players reveal the top card of their deck. Gain a Treasury (Time) card that is the same as one of the cards revealed. Each player may choose to discard the revealed card. (Has an adorable picture of little children dressed in cute "spook" costumes with their baskets held out.)

HAUNTED VILLAGE, Cost 3, Action: +2 Actions, You may also: +2 coins (minutes) +1 coin token. If you do, gain a Curse. (Has a cartoon image of a haunted house.)

HEX, Cost 5, Action-Attack: Choose target opponent. Target opponent reveals the top three cards of their draw deck. Choose one card to copy and play the copy immediately. Hex cannot be canceled by Moat. (Has an image of a brightly lit pentagram.)

MINION (Same as Minion in Intrigue. Has a picture of a kid dressed as a Minion from Despicable Me.)

MISCHIEF NIGHT, Cost 3, Action-Attack: +2 Cards. All other players must take a Victory card from their hand and place it on top of their deck, or reveal a hand without any Victory cards present. (Has an image of a car with lots of toilet paper wrapping it up.)

PUMPKIN MOON, Cost 3, Action-Reaction: +2 Cards. If an Attack would affect your hand or cards, you may reveal this card to cancel the effect and force the active player to discard one card immediately. (You need to find the right picture on the internet to properly illustrate this card. You will know it when you find it.)

RUN AWAY!, Cost 2, Action-Reaction: +2 Cards. If an Attack would affect your hand or deck, you may reveal this card to cancel the effects of the Attack on you. (Has a silhouette of children in costumes running against a moonlit background.)

SAMHAIN, Cost 4, Action: Reveal the top card of your deck. You may trash the revealed card. If you do, gain a card costing up to 2 more than the card that was trashed. (Has an image of an eerie ritual in a pumpkin patch around a campfire.)

SCARECROW, Cost 4, Action-Attack: +2 coins (minutes). Each other player must discard an Treasury card (Time card), reveal a hand with no Treasury cards (Time cards). (Has an image of a scarecrow.)

TREAT! (Same as Woodcutter from base set, but used an image of some incredibly detailed Halloween cookies.)

TRICK OR TREAT, Cost 3, Action: choose one: +1 Buy, +3 Coin tokens (Minute tokens), gain a Curse; or +1 Action, +1 Coin token (Minute token). (Has a cartoon image of trick-or-treaters.)

TRICKED! (Same as Militia from base set. Has an image of Trick-or-Treaters with knives behind there backs as the door is opened.)

ZOMBIES, Cost 3, Action-Attack: +1 Card, Each other player must trash one card from their hand or the top of their deck. If a Victory card is trashed, gain a coin (minute) token. (Has a black-and-white illustration of a zombie emerging from the ground.)

Victory cards were re-named: Handfull (1), Basketfull (3), Bagfull (6), Pile (8, cost 11), Horde (10). Each has an increasing amount of candy, starting with a handfull, a small basket full of candy, a shopping/Halloween bag full of candy, a waste basket full of candy, several tall baskets full of candy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.