Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the below example, two Union blocks attack Pender, resulting in a CSA win and both sides reduce.

Now the Union blocks must Withdraw. In our recent game where this occurred , the Union retreated to their original starting positions:

But now I believe we played this in error. Hancock should have suffered another reduction for stopping at his original position during Withdrawal. He spent 1 step to get there and was still adjacent to an enemy block.

I couldn't find anything in the rules that treat losing attacker withdrawal differently from any other mandatory withdrawal, other than the timing of when the withdrawal occurs.

I don't know if others make the assumption that attackers can withdraw to their original starting positions safely when they lose an attack, so I just wanted to point out that it isn't always true that they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, withdrawal after attack is treated in the same. Also attackers are not obliged to retreat back to their starting positions. In the situation above the union block could have retreated a further step and avoided the step loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.