Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my gaming group pulled out Circus Train at our FLGS this last Friday and played our first game. Note a lot of us are wargamers, and most of the time we are playing wargames. But we decided to give this a go based on the fantastic game components, the lovely art, and the dripping historical theme. Some shots of our first game:

and

and

and

and

The game plays pretty fast, I think at most a group might need max of two hours. I think the hand of cards a player has really is the unique feature of this game. You really have to manage your hand carefully, knowing when to pay your talent, knowing when to shoot up to Canada to lad up on the booze, knowing when to pay reputation to dig a card out of the discard pile so you can train into a location to steal a performance from someone else. And to know when you have enough clowns and when to dump your tigers so you don't have to pay for them. I played it too conservative in my play of the game, not picking up the tigers and cannon balls early enough. But for the life of me I could never get my hands on an elephant to help me out:

For a game with relatively light rules, I found the decision making just hard enough and interesting enough to keep me coming back for more. Oh and did I say how beautiful this game is. A true gem to look at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.