Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I've read the rules and have a couple of Q's

1) Can a FARC zone be placed where there are no FARC pieces? i.e. If I have to pick a mountain dept. with the most FARC pieces in which to place a Zone however there are no FARC pieces in any mountain depts. then what happens?

2) The wording on Bribe is a bit unclear to me, which of these, if any, is correct:
A) Remove a base... that's it you chose that option and so can't do any of the other stuff

B) Remove a base, you can also remove up to 2 cubes there. You can't remove of flip guerillas there since you chose the base option

C) Remove up to 2 cubes... that's it since you chose this option the other 2 options (base and guerillas) are unavailable

D) Remove or flip up to 2 guerillas... that's it since you chose this option the other 2 options (base and cubes) are unavailable

..basically I'm unsure how many of these things you can do and which selections invalidate the others! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Hi I've read the rules and have a couple of Q's

1) Can a FARC zone be placed where there are no FARC pieces? i.e. If I have to pick a mountain dept. with the most FARC pieces in which to place a Zone however there are no FARC pieces in any mountain depts. then what happens?

If no FARC pieces exist in any mountain department, then the zone is not placed.

tigermuppetcut wrote:

2) The wording on Bribe is a bit unclear to me, which of these, if any, is correct:
A) Remove a base... that's it you chose that option and so can't do any of the other stuff

B) Remove a base, you can also remove up to 2 cubes there. You can't remove of flip guerillas there since you chose the base option

C) Remove up to 2 cubes... that's it since you chose this option the other 2 options (base and guerillas) are unavailable

D) Remove or flip up to 2 guerillas... that's it since you chose this option the other 2 options (base and cubes) are unavailable

You can either Remove up to 2 cubes or remove or flip up to 2 guerrillas or remove a base. So I guess the answer is A, C and D.

P.S. These questions are answered in these threads. For some reason I could not get thread links to work:

Joel Toppen explains FARC Zones:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12637543#12637543

Volko explains Bribes:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/11647125#11647125

-Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for answering, Phil.

On FARC Zones, be sure to read my posts on the linked thread: Joel jumped the gun a bit on that one. If all candidate spaces have 0 FARC, they are tied for having the most FARC (0), so you place the Zone in any.

Regards, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ah! I should have read further down in the responses, thanks Volko!

-Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Volko!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.