Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So I set out on my solo try today. 0-3 with the same thing happening, 2, 3 or 4 Goons coming out quickly then a scheme or Masterstrike coming right after. I seriously lost on my second turn and came very close to losing that way normally.

SOLO:
SInister -MM
Marauders -1 Villian
Magia Goons - 1 Hench (10 cards)

Heroes:
Cable
Captain America
Thor

Try my solo set up with Mr Sinister and Marauders with Magia...see how far you can get.

I think it's the toughest scheme MM combo set I've ever seen in this game.

This is what I did in 3 player.
3 player:
SInister -MM
Marauders -#1 Villian
Magia Goons - 1 Hench (10 cards)
Emisaries of Evil - #2 Villian
Brotherhood - #3 Villian

Heroes:
Cable
Collosus
Angel
Wolverine X Force
Nick Fury

KICKED our butt we tried to put X-force team together. But this scenario with a couple other hero combos was unbeatable for us. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OCW is one of the tougher Schemes, but I might be missing what it is about Sinister that adds anything extra to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Rules to Strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister's Marauders have the Ambush skill that keeps them stronger than most. I think when I paired that with the Emisaries of evil in the multi player game, the ambush effect there, forced the villian deck to cycle much more quickly. That's how I think Mr. Sinister affected that.

I did beat it 1 time solo, with 3 escaped goons, but I played with Spiderman and I got lucky cause the goons weren't stuck together in the deck, I was able to thin my starting deck quickly with lots of spiderman and lucky bystander draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhcuatro wrote:
Sinister's Marauders have the Ambush skill that keeps them stronger than most. I think when I paired that with the Emisaries of evil in the multi player game, the ambush effect there, forced the villian deck to cycle much more quickly. That's how I think Mr. Sinister affected that.

That's only if they grab one. Now I only play 2-p, but the jump up to 3-p setup adds +6 Bystanders, yet gets coupled with another Villain Group for +8 cards also.

Looking over my stats, I actually have a winning record against OCW, lost the first one, won the second thanks mainly to Ghost Rider (kill, then remove those Maggia Goons from the game FTW), third one, well, it kinda went down to the wire, 8 cards left in the villain deck, in order from top: 4x Maggia Goon, Bystander, 3x Maggia Goon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.