Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Crappy game announcing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got home from church and tuned into the Chiefs/Raiders game at the start of the second quarter. I've never heard these two announcers before and I hope never to do so again. One of them has a pronounced New York accent, which gets worse as he gets excited.

Plus, the same guy keeps screwing up the name of the team playing against the Raiders. Once he referred to them as "the Jets", then a minute or two later he called them "Houston", twice in successive sentences.

I would love to complain to CBS about the poor quality of announcing, but I need to find the names of the pair and also where to send my e-mail.

EDIT: And he called Kansas City "Houston" again near the end of the 2nd quarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This site says it's Marv Albert and Rich Gannon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, I'm guessing it's Marv Albert making the gaffes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Actually, I just watched a few minutes of the live stream of that game, and neither one of those guys are Marv Albert. I would know that voice anywhere. But I heard one of them refer to the other one as "Rich". So Rich Gannon is there but someone must have replaced Marv Albert at the last minute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
Actually, I just watched a few minutes of the live stream of that game, and neither one of those guys are Marv Albert. I would know that voice anywhere. But I heard one of them refer to the other one as "Rich". So Rich Gannon is there but someone must have replaced Marv Albert at the last minute.

After listening some more, I agree that it's not Marv Albert. I don't hear him much, but that's definitely not him. Whoever it is needs to find another day job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
Leezer wrote:

After listening some more, I agree that it's not Marv Albert. I don't hear him much, but that's definitely not him. Whoever it is needs to find another day job.

Kenny Albert??

Sounds like his annoying Dad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week Marv called the Ravens the Colts. I guess he forgot the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indy in the 80's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Crappy game announcing" is redundant. They're all idiots. I wish networks would give us the option to watch a game with or without commentary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
"Crappy game announcing" is redundant. They're all idiots. I wish networks would give us the option to watch a game with or without commentary.

The NFL did just this a few years ago. They just put the statistics on the screen.

I loved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, the Chiefs were so atrocious last year, most NFL fans chose to forget them. It would be tough for the announcers to relearn the whole team again.

How the hell are they 6-0? I'm amazed. But if Alex Smith and the WRs don't figure out the passing game soon, they are going to be in for a world of hurt. You can't expect to win without passing in today's game.

Go Broncos. (and Chiefs, the one AFC West team I don't loathe; I miss Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith terrorizing QBs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
futhee wrote:
Go Broncos. (and Chiefs, the one AFC West team I don't loathe; I miss Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith terrorizing QBs)

Uh... that's been quite some time ago now. Out of curiosity, why do you loathe the Chargers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For my money the best announcers for the NFL (at least) are my Viking's own Paul Allen (he's excellent and I'd say that even if he announced for the hated Packers, so that's saying something) and Kevin Harlan. Love his voice, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:

Uh... that's been quite some time ago now. Out of curiosity, why do you loathe the Chargers?

I cannot stand Philip Rivers and his smug face. He is having a great year, but I get an unhealthy amount of joy watching him lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:

I cannot stand Philip Rivers and his smug face. He is having a great year, but I get an unhealthy amount of joy watching him lose.

Well, ok. I know what you mean, but he's had a couple of terrible seasons. He is totally overrated though. I've never liked him as a QB, and always felt the Chargers were a house of cards built around him. But you loathe the whole team because of Rivers? Huh... ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:

Well, ok. I know what you mean, but he's had a couple of terrible seasons. He is totally overrated though. I've never liked him as a QB, and always felt the Chargers were a house of cards built around him. But you loathe the whole team because of Rivers? Huh... ok.

QB is the most important position on the team. What, you've never had a strong opinion of a team because of the QB? Brady? Manning? Romo? Marino? Young or Montana? Elway? Not once?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:

QB is the most important position on the team. What, you've never had a strong opinion of a team because of the QB? Brady? Manning? Romo? Marino? Young or Montana? Elway? Not once?

Disagree. I think the offensive line is the most important position. Any good QB will look HoF quality with a good line in front of them. Think of Cassell when he filled in for Brady that one year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:

Disagree. I think the offensive line is the most important position. Any good QB will look HoF quality with a good line in front of them. Think of Cassell when he filled in for Brady that one year.

This is true, but with a truly great QB, you can overcome a bad offensive line. With a bad OL, you can still win. With a bad QB, unless you have an amazing D like the 80s Bears or Ravens of the Trent Dilfer days, you can't win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:
Landstander wrote:
futhee wrote:

Well, whatever dude. That's cool.

But to answer your question - no, not really. Nothing that immediately springs to mind I guess (current Bears maybe). I tend to base opinions of teams on their coaches (THE reason I despise the Jets) and the fans (there is no team in organized sports I hate more than the Raiders for this reason - unless it's the Cowboys). But my "reasons" are no more or less valid than yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh...I also cannot stand the Raiders.

I also felt bad for Norv Turner being stuck with Philip Rivers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:

You have never heard crappy game announcing until you are a Packer fan listening to a game done by Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. To start with Joe Buck is just god awful. The 2nd is that the Packers could play an absolutely perfect game in a blow out win and 98.3% of Aikman's comments would be critical of the Packers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogsponge wrote:
futhee wrote:

You have never heard crappy game announcing until you are a Packer fan listening to a game done by Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. To start with Joe Buck is just god awful. The 2nd is that the Packers could play an absolutely perfect game in a blow out win and 98.3% of Aikman's comments would be critical of the Packers.

Yes,mailman is awful. I also never understood the appeal of Madden's dim witted jolly color commentating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
To be fair, the Chiefs were so atrocious last year, most NFL fans chose to forget them. It would be tough for the announcers to relearn the whole team again.

How the hell are they 6-0? I'm amazed. But if Alex Smith and the WRs don't figure out the passing game soon, they are going to be in for a world of hurt. You can't expect to win without passing in today's game.

Hey Dennis, I'd like to chime in since I read your page through stalking, er I meant, stumbling upon your post hehe (the power of Geekbuddy). Alex Smith almost took my team the 49ers to the Superbowl with little passing and a lot of good coaching, running, and defense. Last year, Niners and Ravens were Superbowl teams and they weren't known for their passing but more for their defense and running. So maybe they may do well without stepping up the passing game.
Yea, Broncos are crazy good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.