Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
81 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Rest of the World, is this how we(the US) look right now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
25 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think we look more like this

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Only to the American right wing; otherwise, the OP is more accurate.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
I would think we look more like this

You're right actually. Because I totally didn't get it.

I think this one also accurately portraits the perspective of RestOfTheWorld:
31 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
I would think we look more like this


Seriously? Wow, you guys really are as misguided as it appears.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I would think we look more like this

The OP said, "rest of the world." Fear of Obamacare is pretty local. You are out of touch with the world unless by world you mean America and by America you mean the US.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

The OP has it!!

Most Australians have no idea what all fuss is about with Obama care...in fact there is a constant cry for more to be covered by our 'Medicare' system (the name of our universal health care).

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pffft. That Obamacare cartoon is ludicrous.


Chickens don't wear shirts.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
@ OP: Yes. Sorry, but yes.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ah, nothing like a bunch of smug, self-satisfied foreigners acting like they're better than everyone because they have a labyrinthian bureaucracy controlling every aspect of their lives.

For you Americans who want European systems? I recommend you move to Europe. America just isn't right for you. It's too scary. It's too dangerous. You'd better go snuggle into the warm embrace of Brussels.

Actually I found the US to be FAR more bureaucratic than Israeli society.

EDIT:
and US bureaucrats tend to more overtly hostile
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ah, nothing like a bunch of smug, self-satisfied foreigners acting like they're better than everyone because they have a labyrinthian bureaucracy controlling every aspect of their lives.

For you Americans who want European systems? I recommend you move to Europe. America just isn't right for you. It's too scary. It's too dangerous. You'd better go snuggle into the warm embrace of Brussels.


I don't think even you believe this.

So why type it? Its wrongfully stupid. You must realise its guaranteed to annoy every single person who isn't idealogically attuned with you. It turns the first category of people off anything else you might say.

I get the fortress mentality that right wingers in RSP must surely develop but still don't get this.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Ah, nothing like a bunch of smug, self-satisfied foreigners acting like they're better than everyone because they have a labyrinthian bureaucracy controlling every aspect of their lives.

For you Americans who want European systems? I recommend you move to Europe. America just isn't right for you. It's too scary. It's too dangerous. You'd better go snuggle into the warm embrace of Brussels.


Ah, the old, if you don't like it, leave argument. If only the GOP House members followed this course.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


America: it's not for everybody.


Drew doesn't speak for me.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
serdudds wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ah, nothing like a bunch of smug, self-satisfied foreigners acting like they're better than everyone because they have a labyrinthian bureaucracy controlling every aspect of their lives.

For you Americans who want European systems? I recommend you move to Europe. America just isn't right for you. It's too scary. It's too dangerous. You'd better go snuggle into the warm embrace of Brussels.


Ah, the old, if you don't like it, leave argument. If only the GOP House members followed this course.


I'm not saying "if you don't like it, leave," I'm saying "You know, it might not be your thing. You might find life easier somewhere else."

I'm only looking out for your best interests.


No matter how you say it, it can be flipped back on you. Maybe an America trying to get on a path to affordable Healthcare isn't for you. :-P
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


America: it's not for everybody.


That's not what I remember engraved at the Statue of Liberty.
23 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
serdudds wrote:
No matter how you say it, it can be flipped back on you. Maybe an America trying to get on a path to affordable Healthcare isn't for you. :-P


There is nothing "affordable" in the Affordable Care Act.

Furthermore, you're not supposed to want a government handout unless you truly need it.

It's unAmerican to want to be taken care of by the government.

So no police or fire department for you then?
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
myopia wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ah, nothing like a bunch of smug, self-satisfied foreigners acting like they're better than everyone because they have a labyrinthian bureaucracy controlling every aspect of their lives.

For you Americans who want European systems? I recommend you move to Europe. America just isn't right for you. It's too scary. It's too dangerous. You'd better go snuggle into the warm embrace of Brussels.


I don't think even you believe this.

So why type it? Its wrongfully stupid. You must realise its guaranteed to annoy every single person who isn't idealogically attuned with you. It turns the first category of people off anything else you might say.

I get the fortress mentality that right wingers in RSP must surely develop but still don't get this.

This is Drew putting the advice he learnt from reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" into practice.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ah, nothing like a bunch of smug, self-satisfied foreigners acting like they're better than everyone because they have a labyrinthian bureaucracy controlling every aspect of their lives.

For you Americans who want European systems? I recommend you move to Europe. America just isn't right for you. It's too scary. It's too dangerous. You'd better go snuggle into the warm embrace of Brussels.


Except its really hard to immigrate to most European countries. Most of them require you to speak their language and to get a job the employer has to prove that they cannot find a native citizen to do the job. **unless you are a EU member.

I always find that ironic when the topic of illegal immigrants comes up in the US.

I think Drew could channel enough paranoia about Obama to be granted political asylum.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:

I think Drew could channel enough paranoia about Obama to be granted political asylum.


So, is that an offer?!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Simon Mueller wrote:

I think Drew could channel enough paranoia about Obama to be granted political asylum.

So, is that an offer?!

Well, he could try, but people fleeing from African dictators regularly end up on the bottom of the Mediterranean.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Mitchell-Dolby
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
America is real?

I thought it was just a hugely ironic joke the media was playing on us.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
serdudds wrote:
No matter how you say it, it can be flipped back on you. Maybe an America trying to get on a path to affordable Healthcare isn't for you. :-P


There is nothing "affordable" in the Affordable Care Act.

Furthermore, you're not supposed to want a government handout unless you truly need it.

It's unAmerican to want to be taken care of by the government.

So no police or fire department for you then?


Or roads, or schools, or military, or tons of other things that make a civilisation.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
serdudds wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ah, nothing like a bunch of smug, self-satisfied foreigners acting like they're better than everyone because they have a labyrinthian bureaucracy controlling every aspect of their lives.

For you Americans who want European systems? I recommend you move to Europe. America just isn't right for you. It's too scary. It's too dangerous. You'd better go snuggle into the warm embrace of Brussels.


Ah, the old, if you don't like it, leave argument. If only the GOP House members followed this course.
Where would they go to find a developed country closer to their ideals than USA? Svalbard? Kuwait?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Yeah, because there are no such things as private schools or volunteer fire departments are there?


Volunteer fire departments often get some, sometimes reasonably large, funds from taxes. Stuff to buy and maintain suits and breathing equipment and sometimes call-out fees. Many of them (at least to a few articles I've read) in the US aren't using the best fire engines etc because they cannot afford to upgrade. A totally volunteer service may work in more rural areas, but I wouldn't want to see a totally volunteer (with no tax money at all) service in the bigger cities.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.