Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two symbols above the tower building section. One is of No.1 with arrow pointing at royal favour symbol. Which is explained in the rule book as whoever build most section during this phase get one royal favour.

Now the other one has the symbol of house with x and arrow to -2 prestige point. Does this mean that if you did not build any section during this castle building phase you get -2 PP?

Rule mention that during the scoring of each section, if you have not built the section you get minus points accordingly (-2 for dungeon, -3 for walls, and -4 for towers) and it is displayed very clearly under the royal favours track. But cannot find any thing about this no house = -2 prestige symbol. It seems to me that this is quite a steep punishment if you get -2pp every turn because you did not build the section. But maybe it isn't. And I want to get this straight before I try this game out for the first time tonight.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means if you go to the castle but you don't actually build a house, you suffer a 2 PP penalty for wasting the king's time. (There is one exception; if you go to the castle on the last turn, but the final section is completed before you get a chance to build, you don't suffer the penalty if you show that you had the cubes needed to have built a house, if there had been room.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
Ah... yes I actually remember reading that rule now.. but did not connect it with the symbol.

Thank you very much for the quick reply and answer. :) I'm glad i won't have to teach wrong rule tonight and am really looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, is anyone else seeing a "0" instead of the username, icons, and avatar of the previous poster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Whoa, is anyone else seeing a "0" instead of the username, icons, and avatar of the previous poster?

Yes, same here. Weird.

Bug Logged. GeekBugz [Bug 808]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only lose the 2 PPs if you have no houses in the castle scoring section during scoring, not every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kaplan
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
meowsqueak wrote:
You only lose the 2 PPs if you have no houses in the castle scoring section during scoring, not every round.

If you place a worker in the castle but cannot build because you don't have the goods, you lose 2 PP.

During dungeon scoring, if you have no houses in the dungeon, you lose 2 PP. (You lose 3 PP during the walls scoring and 4 PP during towers scoring if you have no houses in those sections.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
He lost his 2pp. BGG is just saying how many he has left.

I don't think he's going to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha I have no idea why my name and avatar showed up in my reply. Anyway we played it last night, and it was fantastic. Hard to play well. And really depends on how other people play. In our game no one was able to build blue building, or not even residence.

I suppose it'll be different each time we try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.