Subject: 2R1B PBF #41 - the Courtyard - round 5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
ortho_ Jan 14, 07:15 PM: hahahaha i think rathstar should be granted some kind of neutral mischief-maker role in any WW game he wants to play :D
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Braid fanMicrobadge: Card Games fanMicrobadge: Trick-Taking fan
Players in the Courtyard at the beginning of round 5:

namyzarc
Natsume
Machiavellian
ErinTheRed
deMorcerf
GirAltSupr
mowglee
mfl134

Starting Leader:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
namyzarc

Whoever is or becomes leader will choose ONE PLAYER to transfer from the Courtyard to the Bazaar. Send me a GeekMail with your orders. Also, leaders, please consider using a Second-in-Command.

Your deadline to do this is Friday, 16:00 BGG time (CST).

If you have a rules or role question, PM me, and I'll answer them in the main thread.

FINAL ROLESET
PBF #41 FAQ

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room.

Special note for round 5
Often, players decide what to do early in round 5 and wish to end the round early. The round will end early if the following happens in both rooms:
- Enough players lock in a vote for a leader that the leader will have indisputable control of the room. A player does this by bolding lock vote <player name>. Once a player does this, that player's vote may not be changed again. (I know there has been confusion about this in past games, so I am clarifying it specifically for this PBF and make no claims about past or future PBFs.)
- The elected leader must send me their orders and indicate that they are locked orders both in the thread and in the message to me. This is done by bolding orders locked. If the leader sends orders but does not indicate that orders are locked, I will assume the leader may change them, and therefore I will not end the game early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: I love my Best Friend.
I'm never going to the Bazaar to trade my sheep for wheat, am I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Microbadge: Antiquity fanMicrobadge: I've got a theory... it could be bunnies!Microbadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: I play with red!
[whisper deMo]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
badge
"Is there any subject you shouldn't joke about?" is no less ridiculous a question than "Is there any subject you shouldn't talk about?"
Microbadge: God plays diceMicrobadge: John Tenniel Fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Alice in Wonderland fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: American McGee's Alice fan
whisper Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Normal namyzarc (that's an oxymoron)
Microbadge: Pub quiz fanMicrobadge: I enjoy singingMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fanMicrobadge: I play with Yellow!Microbadge: Electrical Engineer
Lock vote Namyzarc

Hey, welcome back to the Courtyard, Mike! Did Seen manage to orchestrate his coup over there at the Bazaar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Antiquity fanMicrobadge: I've got a theory... it could be bunnies!Microbadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: I play with red!
namyzarc wrote:
Lock vote Namyzarc

Hey, welcome back to the Courtyard, Mike! Did Seen manage to orchestrate his coup over there at the Bazaar?
[vote mike]

i'm glad this game has happened: it is an example of why we can't use SIC any more and still call this the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Pub quiz fanMicrobadge: I enjoy singingMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fanMicrobadge: I play with Yellow!Microbadge: Electrical Engineer
Natsume wrote:
I'm never going to the Bazaar to trade my sheep for wheat, am I?
Aww, I didn't know you wanted to go over there. I've heard it's a rough place. Maybe I'll send you over for end of round scoring, depending on what my lawyer DeMo suggests.

You've just been too loyal for me to risk sending you over, though..

Hey, speaking of loyalty, Nat...(ahem)...You should lock that vote before the Blues get into your brain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mfl134 wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
Lock vote Namyzarc

[vote mike]

i'm glad this game has happened: it is an example of why we can't use SIC any more and still call this the base game.
?? SIC screwed up your original orders or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
namyzarc wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
Lock vote Namyzarc

[vote mike]

?? SIC screwed up your original orders or something?
I'll discuss more after the game. I very very very strongly believe SIC should not exist and random send should not exist. This game is about reading eachother and trusting one another and both of these thing can take away from that. They don't always, but they open up the chance of manipulating the game in a way that should not be allowed. (sure it is allowed for this PBF, because it is in the rules.) But it isn't 2R1B any more. it is a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
badge
"Is there any subject you shouldn't joke about?" is no less ridiculous a question than "Is there any subject you shouldn't talk about?"
Microbadge: God plays diceMicrobadge: John Tenniel Fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Alice in Wonderland fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: American McGee's Alice fan
Reply Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
End it faster: Lock vote Randy
Whisper Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
DeMorcerf wrote:
Reply Mike
[back]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Reply Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
Microbadge: When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquerMicrobadge: In this world there's two kinds of Meeples, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig...Microbadge: With a simple snap of my fingers...Microbadge: Our Hero; The Valiant Spaceman SpiffMicrobadge: There can be no peace until they renounce their Rabbit god and accept our Duck god.
Offer Co-reveal Michael Logan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Machiavellian wrote:
Offer Co-reveal Michael Logan
nope. sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Reply Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
DeMorcerf wrote:
End it faster: Lock vote Randy
Whisper Randy
Whisper back
Spoiler (click to reveal)
BX. Lbh xabj jung Zvxr vf, gubhtu, evtug? Pna lbh svyy va Znpu orsber ur fgnegf trggvat hcfrg jvgu erq nyy bire ntnva? Be ng yrnfg gryy uvz jung ebyrf gb erzbir..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
DeMorcerf wrote:
Reply Mike
[back]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
Microbadge: When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquerMicrobadge: In this world there's two kinds of Meeples, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig...Microbadge: With a simple snap of my fingers...Microbadge: Our Hero; The Valiant Spaceman SpiffMicrobadge: There can be no peace until they renounce their Rabbit god and accept our Duck god.
Mike, if you are Red, you should accept my Co-Reveal offer. At this point, what harm could it do? I've been helping the Red team for a while now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Machiavellian wrote:
Mike, if you are Red, you should accept my Co-Reveal offer. At this point, what harm could it do? I've been helping the Red team for a while now.
If that is true, my teammates have already told you my role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adry Giralt
Spain
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Resistance fanMicrobadge: Mario Mushroom fanMicrobadge: Counter-Strike fanMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: Online Poker player
and with me?

offer co-reveal mfl134

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mfl134 wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:
If that is true, my teammates have already told you my role.
Yeah, but he likes getting it from the Bearded Spock's mouth. I would STRONGLY recommmend you follow DeMorcerf's input on this, though, Mach.. I don't think Mike's gonna budge on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
GirAltSupr wrote:
and with me?

offer co-reveal mfl134
nada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
I can't wait till this game is over so I can go back and see what actually happened during it. Been too busy being everyone's gopher quokka...

How may I serve you, oh people of the Courtyard? Admission is only one locked vote, and I promise to listen to you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: I love my Best Friend.
namyzarc wrote:
I can't wait till this game is over so I can go back and see what actually happened during it. Been too busy being everyone's gopher quokka...

How may I serve you, oh people of the Courtyard? Admission is only one locked vote, and I promise to listen to you...
You are my Quokka Namy! kiss

What...what IS this? How may I 'serve' you, oh people?!?! Haven't you leaned anything from "Machiavelli's Rulebook on how to Seize Power in Italy a PBF forum (In Ten Steps or Less!)"? Look under Chapter 3: The people are merely pieces and you the Chess-master. Care to try that again? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |