Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one shot? Really strange and ridiculous.
I'll suggest this easy modificaiton to try:

After each use in combat, the Hunter may throw a die and compare the thrown value with the opponent's initiative. If the value is lower, he has to discard his Sacred Bullets afterwards. If the value is just same or greater, he can retain the Sacred Bullets for the next rounds (more ammo was left over).

-X-
angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Almighty has done all he can to aid your task in undoing an Undead evil. He put you in a room with the fiend, made sure you can get to a combat with him instead of dying on the spot like 98% of mortals, and He gave you the sacred bullets. He even waived the prerequisite of the firearm to use the projectiles. After bending Physics for you that much, If you miss, I say tough heavenly host. He's done all he can for you and your lack of aim and depth perception. If He could manage a "Do-Over" He would likely "do-over" the day the fiend came to being, and perhaps implode the universe if he carries the three wrong when doing the cosmic long division.

Or, maybe, your way seems neat, too. No hard feelings. just feeling silly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, nice.

To me, I think the one-shot aspect works just fine. They're the BULLETS, after all. At least you don't have ammo to track and lose otherwise. Plus, they're purdy powerful if you can get Dracula in a tight spot with the right timing and cardplay.
Personally, I'd leave them as is, but as Dracula I've only come up against them twice out of four plays, so what do I know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way the bullets do come with a special gun. So you don't throw them like ninja stars, but actually fire it from a customized gun.

I do find sacred bullets to be useless when compared to other weapons...but it is a weapon that can be used against both agents and Dracula. There's that...it aint much, but there's that consolation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
In the original FoD, after using the Sacred Bullets you had to roll a die: with 4+ they were all used (and discarded). Let's say it simulated you not knowing exactly how many bullets were going to be fired in a fight (until the end of the fight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruvion wrote:
I do find sacred bullets to be useless when compared to other weapons...but it is a weapon that can be used against both agents and Dracula. There's that...it aint much, but there's that consolation.

Me too. So this was only just a suggestion to make them slightly better.. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe making the initiative roll same or lower would be more adviseable, since Dracula's initiative is only high when he's running away. Heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dices are still too random. Afterall, I most like the idea that you have just 3 bullets for one fight.

This means that you can use Sacred Bullets item up to 3 times during one combat and after that, you'll have to discard this item. If the combat will end prematurely (and you did at least one shot), you'll have to discard this item as well.

And why 3 ...?
For two reasons: 2 is still not that much, and if you look at that item, you will see that Initiative of 3 looks differently than on all other items/actions.
So, this number of 3 could nicely represent its quantity also

-X-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some more thought on this, I think I will go with unlimited ammo as long as the combat lasts option. So it's still temporary, but it's reliable enough to last for the whole combat (instead of just one or 'x' use, or even random depletion). I'll see how that flies with my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.