Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what the formula is that causes the thumbs up numbers to drop (I figure it's a factor of time). For those that think I'm crazy, I noticed that the number of thumbs that disctate where something falls on the front page in the various lists, drops after a few days. Just curious as to what causes it. TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, I will fix this... it's too confusing

Basically, the number of thumbs is the same (behind the scenes), but the counter for the front page ages them off over time so we get some movement on the lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to change it - I figured that was the case...and oddly enough it makes sense, but I just wasn't sure what the "length of a thumb" was

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
No need to change it - I figured that was the case...and oddly enough it makes sense, but I just wasn't sure what the "length of a thumb" was

I'm not sure either, but if you're a king, then the "width of a thumb" is 1".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also possible to remove your thumb from something, which would cause thumb #s to drop if enough people did it, but I'm guessing its quite rare...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.