United States
South Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest secret agent in the world!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape from Atlantis: Dave B, Dave C and Mark
Another frantic and fun, yet mostly mindless game of Atlantis. I explained how vicious this game was and how low the meeple survivability rate was before we started, but until that first whirlpool hits folks just don't seem to be hit by the meeple-manity of it all. Several whirlpools hit in quick succession, the gasps and laughs were almost enough to disturb the intense Vinci game.

Dave B took and early lead, but Dave C was able to tie him up and then sink and devour a boat laden with 2 of Dave B's meeples via a sea dragon dive just as they were about to touch land. The island sank beneath the waves with the 2 Daves tied for first with 3 survivors safe, while I had but 2. We played it until all the meeples were safe or eaten so I had a chance to make up ground or even take the win as I had more meeples in the drink. Dave C's meeples quickly got eaten so he was reduced to moving boats away from our meeples and trying to off Dave B and I's swimmers. I managed to tie the game up at 3 survivors apiece and had my final swimmer only a few turns from safety with a dolphin protecting him. Dave B's lone swimmer was a few more turns out from the island. I kept edging my swimmer closer and rolling the dolphin so my meeple was soon surrounded with friendly flippers.

I managed to get my final swimmer to safety, giving me the lead. But Dave B's meeple made steady, if slow progress towards land. Dave C and I tried our best, moving dolphins away and leaving the swimmer vulnerable, moving boats away, moving sharks and sea serpents closer, etc. But we couldn't quite catch the little bugger. On my final roll I managed to roll the sea serpent, but got only a '1' on the other die, and Dave's swimmer was 3 spaces away. Thus Dave tied the game up with his 4 survivor and we shared victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.