flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf: Battlestar Galactica

This game is based on the new (Ron Moore) Battlestar Galactica series, not the original. It is set some time during early season 2, so there may be some minor spoilers for those who have not watched that far. There are DEFINITELY spoilers for anyone who has not seen the first season.

This is a HIGH involvement, MODERATE complexity game for 16 or more players.
Start date: May 29th

The following ROLES are guaranteed to be in the GAME:

Military personnel

- Commander Bill Adama

- Colonel Saul Tigh

- Captain Lee Adama (Apollo)

- Lieutenant Kara Thrace (Starbuck)

- Lt Karl Agathon (Helo)

- Lt Sharon Valerii (Boomer)

- Chief Galen Tyrol

- Lt Felix Gaeta

- Anastasia “Dee” Dualla

Civilians

- President Laura Roslin

- Billy Keikeya, her aide

- “Doc” Cottle

- Ellen Tigh

- Vice President Dr Gaius Balthar

- “Six”, a CYLON

- Tom Zarek, a former criminal

All players will have PM privileges with two other players. In addition, each player will have a special ROLE and/or secret ABILITY.

Every day, you will expel a suspected CYLON from the airlock. The players decide who will be expelled by placing the words expel X from airlock in bolded text in an edited post.

Every day, you will VOTE for or against certain LAWS that PRESIDENT ROSLIN proposes. Different characters will have differing motivations and may have reason to vote against the majority. You place your votes by sending a private message to the moderator with the subject line Day (n) Vote [YES/NO] – (username). If you use a different subject line, or include extra text in the message, your vote will not be counted. This simulates the silent ballot election model and the existence of “informal” votes. If a certain number of LEGISLATIVE AMENDMENTS are rejected, a new ELECTION will be triggered.

Every night, the CYLONS will walk the ship and execute one player. At the start of the game, there are three CYLONS on the ship - however, one of them is SIX, who cannot communicate with the other CYLONS or players in any way (Exception: DR GAIUS BALTHAR). There may also be up to 2 additional CYLONS in deep cover within the crew. They may become aware of their nature at some point during the game, or they may discover at some point that they are doing things they had not planned to do.

PMs and IMs

You may only send PMs to people indicated in your ROLE POST. If you are a CYLON, this will include the names of other CYLONS.

You must copy the mod on your PMs.

If you are allowed to PM, you may IM, as long as you send a transcript of the IM conversation to the moderator.

SPECIAL ABILITIES & PM networks:

Commander Bill Adama

Knows the identity of all MILITARY PERSONNEL and LAURA ROSLIN

Commander Adama may choose to keep a dead CYLON, once eliminated from the game, in a freezer.

Special ability: As a night action, Cdr Adama may choose to TALK to the DEAD CYLON IN THE FREEZER.

Can PM with: TIGH, ROSLIN, APOLLOANDSTARBUCK.

Colonel Saul Tigh

Has a drinking problem. His EXPEL FROM AIRLOCK recommendation has a 75% chance of ending up somewhere other than he thought he placed it.

Wants to protect the BLACK MARKET.

Can PM with CDR ADAMA, ELLEN TIGH

Captain Lee Adama (Apollo)

Knows the identity of all PILOTS (Starbuck, Boomer, Helo)

Special ability: As a day time action, once per game, APOLLO can DROP THE TOWEL and negate the votes of all female players and characters. Even MommyAdama PRESIDENT ROSLIN.

MUST vote for the same person as STARBUCK

Can PM with DADDY ADAMA, STARBUCK

Lt Kara Thrace (Starbuck)

Knows the identity of DADDY ADAMA

Can do anything. Even escape from CYLONS in their Own Ship. Is also mysteriously immune to being killed by CYLONS.

Special ability: Once every two days, can invent something or change the rules somehow. PM the mod to say what you want to do and how. Bonus points if it involves drinking, cards, cigars or sex.

MUST vote for the same person as APOLLO

Can PM with APOLLO, HELO

Lt Karl Agathon (HELO)

Wants BOOMER to marry him and have his babies.

Knows identity of BOOMER

Special ability: Umm, none.

Can PM with BOOMER, STARBUCK

Lt Sharon Valerii (BOOMER)

Is afraid she may be a CYLON and will work hard to cover that up

Special ability: Shoot CDR ADAMA. Of course, BOOMER may NOT be a CYLON in this game… and BILL ADAMA may not be just the commander. Still, you’d better be pretty sure it’s one or the other…

Can PM with TYROL, HELO.

Chief Galen Tyrol

His repair skills give him insight into the CYLON mind. He can view people at night and has a 27% chance of successfully identifying a CYLON.

Can PM with BOOMER, GAETA

Lt Felix Gaeta

No-one is quite sure what your role is. ninja

Least of all you.

Can PM with DUALLA, CHIEF TYROL

Lt Anastasia Dualla (Dee)

You are dating BILLY although you are secretly crushing on APOLLO.

You look after the communication system.

Special Ability: You can secretly spy on one (random) PM between any one (specified) pair every night. Send in three PM pairs, ordered, in case your first choice doesn’t send any PMs.

Can PM with GAETA, BILLY

President Laura Roslin

This is a public role.

You start the game as the PRESIDENT OF THE COLONIES.

You cannot be killed as long as BILLY is alive. On the first night that he protects you, nothing happens to him, but on the second night he will die.

You may post through the moderator.

Can PM with BILL ADAMA, BILLY

Billy Keikeya

You are in love with DUALLA. You want to marry her and have her babies because she is so much tougher than you could ever hope to be.

But you are tough in one special, secret way. Actually two, but most people don’t think that having the same name as the Commander of the Fleet makes you any cooler. Bastards.

Special ability: You have been practising to be PRESIDENT ROSLIN’S bodyguard. You can protect her for a maximum of two nights during the game, although you can try more times than that if the CYLONS don’t attack first. The second time you protect her, you will be killed in her place. This is for the good of humanity, so don’t complain.

Can PM with DUALLA, LAURA ROSLIN

Doc Cottle

You are the ship’s doctor. Nothing escapes your eagle eyes.

Special ability: You have a 73% chance of successfully saving someone after the CYLONS attack them at night. Each night, you should PM the name of a player you want to place in intensive care to the mod.

Can PM with: GAIUS BALTHAR, XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS

Vice President Dr Gaius Balthar

You are a very clever person. You have built a machine that can detect CYLONS. Unfortunately, you also sabotaged that machine so it will NEVER detect a cylon. Every day, though, you must select one player to be tested (PM the name to the mod). The results you see will be publicly announced by the Mod.

You have a CYLON that lives inside your head. Only you can see or speak to her.

You have a sneaking ambition to be President.

Can PM with SIX, TOM ZAREK, DOC COTTLE

“Six”, a CYLON

You are the CYLON that lives inside GAIUS BALTHAR’S head. You can only communicate with him. You may not post on the main thread at all. You cannot be put out an airlock, because you don’t really exist. At some stage during the game, you may gain the ability to post to the thread and to join your fellow CYLONS in their killing evenings.

Special Ability: You get the REAL results of GAIUS BALTHAR’S CYLON tests.

Can PM with GAIUS BALTHAR

Tom Zarek, a former criminal

When I say former, I mean – current.

You are running the black market. You want to have GAIUS BALTHAR elected, because you suspect that he would make a nice puppet.

ELLEN TIGH is one of your best customers.

Can PM with ELLEN TIGH, GAIUS BALTHAR

Ellen Tigh

You’re in this game for yourself. You are NEUTRAL.

You are married to SAUL TIGH. He is GOOD and MILITARY - but he also knows not to ask too many questions, like where you get all the good booze.

Can PM with TOM ZAREK, SAUL TIGH

Other abilities & events

President of the Colonies

At the start of the game, Laura Roslin is President of the Colonies.

Every day, the President of the Colonies must propose a topic for a REFERENDUM (see: ISSUES). If three REFERENDA are defeated, a GENERAL ELECTION is triggered.

The results of the referendum will be PM’d to the President. The President is not obliged to tell the truth about what the results were.

If the President is killed, a general election is triggered.

The President gets a second, secret selection of who should go out the airlock. This should be PM’d to the moderator with the subject line “Secret Cylon Suspect Day n”.

The President cannot put BILL ADAMA out the airlock for at least the first 5 days without triggering a MUTINY.

Votes on Laws

Votes on laws must be in green. Use g { text } g (without spaces).

Issues that may be put to referendum include:

- abolition of the black market

- prohibition (abolition of alcohol)

- abolition of prostitution

- tighter uniforms for pilots

- 33% reduction in towel size

General Elections

There will be no evictions during a general election, although the CYLONS will continue to kill.

If a GENERAL ELECTION is triggered, players must be nominated for election by other players. This is done by posting, in bold BLUE type, NOMINATE xxx where xxx is the name of the CHARACTER not the name of their ROLE.

All election discussion & voting must be done in BLUE type. Use b { text } b (without spaces).

Once the nomination period has closed, the moderator will announce IN PURPLE the names of the duly nominated candidates. You must then PM the Moderator with the names of the people you want to vote for. The election uses an INSTANT RUNOFF-STYLE OPTIONAL PREFERENTIAL SYSTEM. Once you have voted, you may not change your vote.

In the event of a TIE, a COIN TOSS will be made.

ELECTIONS run for 24 hours from posting of nominations, or until votes have been received from all players. Whichever is SHORTER.

You may not post in pink or purple.

Thoughts, comments, signups, suckers?
1. Belash if he ever gets it RIGHT
2. Threnody
3. MrThrenody
4. CapAp
5. jmilum
7. jaredh
8. greek2me
9. KakarisMaelstrom
10. Beowulf
11. Rukasu

Not playing:
buffalospynovel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like

to sign up for

this game even

though I have not

seen the series.

I will try to catch

up on what's going on

by now watching the
[u]

series. If there is

a BSG fan out there

who would like my spot,

please ask for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I want to play, and so does my hubby (d90mhz). In fact he keeps asking me when this game is so he can sign up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't read the rules yet. That's because I don't give a damn. This could be the most broken game evar and I'd still have to join. Sign me up please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
I would like

to sign up for

this game even

though I have not

seen the series.

I will try to catch

up on what's going on

by now watching the

series. If there is

a BSG fan out there

who would like my spot,

please ask for it.

Belash.

Please check the roolz.

This is not a valid signup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit. I forgot what day it is.

This is like opening a gift and finding socks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
This could be the most broken game evar and I'd still have to join.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly suggest a different start date as I believe May 29 is the USA Memorial Day and everyone will be on Holiday here.

Sign me up though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in! Is the SIX character a new invention? I think it is. A non-posting, non-voting player!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to try this, if you have a spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Belash wrote:
I would like

to sign up for

this game even

though I have not

seen the series.

I will try to catch

up on what's going on

by now watching the

series. If there is

a BSG fan out there

who would like my spot,

please ask for it.

Belash.

Please check the roolz.

This is not a valid signup.

Then Why IS MY name on the LIST of players??????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
[xand just snickers to herself...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: SIGNUPS: Battlestar Galactica - starts May 29
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The confession - for any who haven't yet realised, this particular ruleset was meant to be an April Fools joke.

Lesson learned: People don't read rules.

That said, there are some elements (including Six and possibly the referenda) that I intend to work into the real game.

The date is correct (Jared, is a Tuesday May 30th start going to work or is that still a holiday week?) and it will be a BSG themed game. Real rules will be posted later

... ALTHOUGH ...

I have had a couple of requests to run this 'broken' game. Maybe without the silly colour rules and some of the more excessively ridiculous or broken mechanics. What would you guys prefer to play?

Note that WHICHEVER option you choose, there is the possibility that you will be PMing with someone who is on a different side than you; unless otherwise stated, NO-ONE is guaranteed to NOT be a Cylon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Well. Now that it is April 2nd, if this game ever sees the light of day, I am so obviously in.

I mean, seriously. You might as well have put my name in the first slot and PM'ed me with "I have already committed your time for you..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The confession - for any who haven't yet realised, this particular ruleset was meant to be an April Fools joke.

Lesson learned: People don't read rules.

That said, there are some elements (including Six and possibly the referenda) that I intend to work into the real game.

The date is correct (Jared, is a Tuesday May 30th start going to work or is that still a holiday week?) and it will be a BSG themed game. Real rules will be posted later

... ALTHOUGH ...

I have had a couple of requests to run this 'broken' game. Maybe without the silly colour rules and some of the more excessively ridiculous or broken mechanics. What would you guys prefer to play?

Note that WHICHEVER option you choose, there is the possibility that you will be PMing with someone who is on a different side than you; unless otherwise stated, NO-ONE is guaranteed to NOT be a Cylon.

At least, people don't read rules when you promise spoilers and they are only half-way through Season 1 or something...ninja

But yes, my sign-up means I'll play both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for non-broken rules.

Big G is like my favorite show on TV, and I'd rather play a "real" game than a silly game.

Although either would be fun, and I'd still be in if you ran the Drop The Towel rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lenethen
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would also like to play as it is my favorite show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.