Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitch Hedberg died a year ago today from a heart attack cry (well officially it was heart attack although I bet the heroin had something to do with it). He was very funny and I created a geeklist in his honor a while ago. If you could use a laugh, here is the link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's a great list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You know, HE was in a couple of episodes of "That `70s Show" and brought his 'humour' for that where he could. I liked the "exchange" between HIM and "Kelso" this one time, where HE proclaims:"I did NOT 'lose a leg in Vietnam' so's I could 'serve' YOU kids 'fries'!" or along that 'line'. To which "Kelso" replies: "But, you HAVE both of your 'legs'!" and he responds with: "Like I 'said', I did NOT 'lose a leg' etc..." aaaah, "Good times"!
Where's the "love" for [i]b{"Bill Hicks"?
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I used to be a big Bill Hicks fan, but after many years of listening to it, one day I woke up and found that he was just an angry, angry man. Most of his stuff was funny, but when he had an off day ... whoo!

I miss Mitch. Even when I'm not listening to it, I'll leave my XM radio tuned to the comedy station and check every so often to see if he's on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thomas
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean. Mitch is the only comedian I have on Tuneselect on XM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
Canada
Quebec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no idea who was this guy until I read this thread and the geeklist. Then I wanted to find out about the guy, and there was this:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mitch_Hedberg

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascarel wrote:
I had no idea who was this guy until I read this thread and the geeklist. Then I wanted to find out about the guy, and there was this:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mitch_Hedberg

Enjoy!

The quotes on that page were really great, but it seems to me like half of Mitch's comedy was in the delivery. His second comedy album, "Mitch All Together", has a DVD with two stand-up sessions on it. Great stuff - I'd recommend it to anyone. And his late-night show appearances were always gold, especially the David Letterman ones. That guy really was a great comedian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.