Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Hartstein
United States
North Plainfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it would be a little weird to be able to identify the lake by its card back, but is there any scenario for which this would cause a significant problem? The "you fall through from above" like a pseudo-collapsed room thing doesn't sit very well with my group.

So far (only one play), it seems overall that it wouldn't be terribly problematic to be able to identify what that one tile is when it's on top of the stack. However, I get the sense that there are some scenarios where you might be looking for a specific room, in which case it could, I guess, be a bit of a problem to know where in the tile stack that particular tile is.

Is there any good reason for me not to mark up the back of this tile so it gets played in the basement instead of using the official patch to the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
Someone posted a photo-quality scan of a basement card backing here in the game's file section, which I printed out and glued to the back of the tile. That seemed to work out just fine. You can tell the difference if you look closely, but it hasn't yet been 'noticed' in game play.

edit: The geek who posted the file was igymnast and here's the direct link http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=8157

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. We had to fix the back so it was a Basement room; it was too ridiculous otherwise. Although people can tell that the tile is the Underground Lake, we've never had that skew play. The closest was when a player had an opportunity to either discover a new room in the Basement or the Ground Floor. He saw that the Underground Lake was the topmost tile and said, "The Underground Lake is an Event tile and I'm looking for Items, so Ground Floor here I come." I can't remember the room he drew, but I do remember that it also was an Event room... In many dozens of plays, that's not much of an influence.

My only suggestion is to use a glossy photo-quality paper (and not matte like me). That wayit'll be less noticeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Herr Niemand wrote:
My only suggestion is to use a glossy photo-quality paper (and not matte like me). That wayit'll be less noticeable.

That's what we did, and it worked just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Fieldhouse
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If you look at the card, at least in the original version it looks like you enter a long way above the Underground Lake. It also looks like there's a level between the entrance and the lake, although it's not shown whether or not there's anything there or not.

I think the lake itself is on the Basement, the doors on the Upper Floor and whatever is located between is on the Ground Floor. I'm thinking to use the room as a passageway between all three floors (although if you use the basement, you lose 1 speed as the cold water slows you down)

Could somebody post an image of a room tile that has all three floors lit up? Thanks to whoever does

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.