Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't go into the rules to much in this review as they have been covered better in other reviews.

What i do want to express is how great i think this game is, and how it appeals to many different people.

If you've been floating around the geek for a bit no doubt you've seen people talk about this game, and possibly alot of little camel emotes.
I believe this game deserves all the good things said about it.

I like the fact that it is abstract and don't think that it is a detractor. love that the rules are very simple, and can be picked up on the first game. I also like the fact that the game plays quick and that most games go between half hour to an hour.

Some people love this game for the camels.

And if your like my friend who hates board games because they are all based on luck. then theres a chance you'll like this game too because there is 0 luck factor to this game.

The game also has a wide range or play, and feels different depending on who you play against. some people will play it easy going, and will rarely be much conflict in the game. other times you'll be cut off every which way you turn, and when you think your about to score some good points, someone will cause you to lose out there too.

There is so much to do in this game, and so little moves to do it in, yet every time i play i'm left feeling very satisfied.

It is also a decent sort of gateway game too. with the major stumbling block for new players being, where to place the caravan leaders. It can be helpful if you place the leaders for new players on their first game so they don't get left in the cold with bad starting positions.

A must own game in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Must be Good! Got my board game hating friend interested
I played Through the Desert with my parents last night. Immediately after our first game, they said 'Let's play again.' That's a resounding success in my book!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.