Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Sparks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that there was a mention from the developer that there was an expansion ready to go to print just before Nexus closed. He mentioned that he was considering posting the .PDF at least once the whole issue was sorted out (probably rights issues with the publisher closing)

I am really curious about this expansion, as my gaming group is liking Dakota more and more as we play, and would love to see what more was considered...

>>> could someone who knows just give a basic rundown, or description of how the expansion was going work.. that would be almost good enough.. And if there is any chance of getting the official rules, that would be even better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
[ None yet that i can find....

I would like to see : for the settlers : " GENERAL STORE " and " RANCH "
for the Indians : " ANCESTRAL BURIAL SITE " and " SWEAT LODGE "
...as extra " buildings "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Korie
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ciao Paul,
in the expansion there was 10 new buildings: 5 for each faction.
The settlers was having:
- Fire Water
- Conestoga
- Fair
- Post Office
- City Hall
The natives was having:
- War Paint
- Hidden Trails
- Calumet
- Fur Trading
- Nomadic Tribe (it was awesome!)
The game was longer in 3 and 4 players.
Thanks for your interest in Dakota.
Ciao,
/Piero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PHILIP STANDIFORD
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time I played, the guy leading the game didn't realize he was reading the rules wrong halfway through. It caused a jumble and all, but I was so compelled all the same and finally bought it. Now that I am trying to recover from my kickstarter addiction, I want to know when I can expand! There is nothing like this game at all, and you've just given us a taste!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the author said:

Quote:
Thanks guys to play Dakota.

Some of this issues was addressed in the expansion. The expansion was ready but unfortunately, as you know, Nexus closed and it has never been published.
I'm thinking to prepare some kind of print-and-play pdf to put on internet with the expansion, but I have to wait until all legal trouble connected with Nexus closure are definitely closed.

Ciao
Piero

I am also interested in the PnP expansion. Any word on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in any news about game expansion!
If there are some restrictions about graphics I think it could be OK for us to see at least new building description / costs / effects (just to let us play it with a self made PnP editiion).
Please let us know.
Grazie
Alessandro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news?zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've heard rumors about the expansion going print-and-play after the publisher for Dakota folded, but this thread (ie: the list of 10 new buildings above) is the closest thing I can actually find to details.

If anyone knows more, please post or PM me? I'd be very keen on expanding my copy of the game. I consider it pretty underrated already - having an expansion could introduce even more interesting choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

DITTO ! I'm up for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wïse
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If there is going to be nothing official it would be nice if the dev could post the descriptions of the buildings so we could make the expansion ourselves. The names of the buildings doesn't really help us much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Piero... any news about the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see an account used (Korie) to provide answers from Piero, but the last time that user logged in at this site was 2015-02-09... so not sure you are going to get any answer.

It's nice that people are still interested though. Dakota is a neat game, and I think that an expansion with more buildings would only improve the game.

This other thread is related and probably has the latest status that I'm aware of, although that's still years-old information at this point:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/880283/game-seems-get-d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.