Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Blue Moon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Basic Flood question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Smith
United Kingdom
Colchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I'm Aqua, playing against Flit. I'm three dragons up and I've just played a second active Flood card. Looks like the Flit have to retreat, thus losing the game instantly.

But exactly when do Flit have to retreat? Does it happen "immediately" in the sense that nothing can happen before then, or "immediately" in the sense that it must happen when the ordinary turn sequence next comes round to Retreat From Fight? i.e., do the Flood disrupt the normal turn sequence, or do the Flit have time to play (as just happened to me) the leaderhsip card Beguile Holy Dragon and discard characters to win back a dragon and prevent the game from ending immediately in a 4-0 Aqua win?

I've had a look in the FAQ, the Rules and the Rules Threads, but I can't find the answer. Anyone know?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vigornian wrote:
But exactly when do Flit have to retreat? Does it happen "immediately" in the sense that nothing can happen before then, or "immediately" in the sense that it must happen when the ordinary turn sequence next comes round to Retreat From Fight?


The former, the latter wouldn't be immediately.

Quote:
do the Flood disrupt the normal turn sequence,


Yes.

Quote:
or do the Flit have time to play (as just happened to me) the leaderhsip card Beguile Holy Dragon and discard characters to win back a dragon and prevent the game from ending immediately in a 4-0 Aqua win?


They don't.

Quote:
I've had a look in the FAQ, the Rules and the Rules Threads, but I can't find the answer. Anyone know?


Actually there's an aside which partly covers it.

Quote:
A: Yes. Note that the Flood cards' effect is after the end of my turn, not at the end of my turn.


But this tells you how late it is, not how early. Yes, it's "in the gap" between one end of turn (which triggers it) and the next beginning of turn (so you can't retrieve anything either, a stronger test).

I think the German FAQ covers this. I'll put it on the future list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.