9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Huge Board Game and Card Game Collection Upstate NY rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekbay.php?action=viewebay&auc...

(Edit: Edited by admin so link goes through the BGG system. We usually delete forum auction posts, but due to the circumstances we'll let this one slide. Hope things turn around for you soon.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always get kinda sad when I see collections like this go up for sale. Usually there's a sad story to go along with it. Hopefully not in this case - maybe someone just needed the money (still sad, but better than several alternative scenarios I can imagine). soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the only person I had to play games with is my girlfriend who just kicked me out. And since we shared expenses, I'm dead broke, with virtually no way to pay my bills, and nobody to play my games with. It is a sad story, but someday I might be able to buy them back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse, I feel for you as I was in a similar situation just 6 months ago. My girlfriend of 3 years threw me out and took everything, including my entire game collection. cry

I am still picking up the pieces of what used to be my life but have recently been able to replace most of the games that were stolen plus add some new ones.

I wish you luck in the future. I hope everything works out for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boseafus Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just out of curiosity, why not ship these games? I would think that the trade off of being able to sell to the whole country would yeild much better results. I assume it is a time issue (don't want to pack and ship things).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I must have a bad link. I thought it said HUGE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken, thanks a lot for the kind words, my life indeed has been virtually destroyed by the events of the last week, its gonna take some time to recover.

Nate, it is a time and effort thing. I'm willing to take less money for the convenience of having somebody just haul them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark camp
United States
Lesser Binghamton Area
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
Yeah, the only person I had to play games with is my girlfriend who just kicked me out. And since we shared expenses, I'm dead broke, with virtually no way to pay my bills, and nobody to play my games with. It is a sad story, but someday I might be able to buy them back.

That sucks. I'll be in the same boat if my girlfriend ever tires of me. The Binghameton area sucks for gaming. I have my girlfriend and one other regular, plus a few people that will play things once in a while. Good luck with your auction, I wish I could help, but funds are a tight here at the moment. This may not be the right time or place, but there's a basement full of games looking for people to play them here in Johnson City. Just PM me when your life settles down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.