Canada
bon accord
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hey!
badge
What're you looking at!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game for my wife for her birthday in December, and we played it quite a bit then, but have not played since early January. Last night we brought it out, and I was surprised that we were a little rusty and made some rookie mistakes. Today's match was better and I am impressed by how good this simple game can be. (We only play the main game with special cards).

Round 1 was a normal match, in which we mainly jockied for position until the cards ran out, with me closest to the middle.

In round two (also a normal match), I managed a strike with two fours, and Penny could not parry, as she only had one. I had just thrown out a four, so Penny assumed that I would not have two more. So that match worked out just as I hoped.

In round three, it was the three card only match. I like this type of match because you can take more chances and do more bluffing. Our tokens got within two, struck and parried; then backed off. Penny moved in again to five, but was bluffing. I had a five, struck and won. Unfortunately, that was the last match I won.

In round four, in which your hand is exposed, we jockied for position, had one strike, and Penny ended up closest to the centre when the last card was drawn.

In round five, which was worth two points, we again ran out of cards, with Penny closest to the centre.

Round six was the no-retreat match and I always find this one very intense. We used up a fair amount of small cards to advance within 6 spaces of each other. It was my turn, and I decided to advance one space, to better position myself for a strike with either my threes or ones. Penny had two fives to my one, and I was dead.

In round seven, we were dealt ten cards, and I played very agressively, and misread my cards, thinking I had two threes and two twos, but I actually had three twos and one three. I moved myself within three, and got hit with two threes and that was it for me. Penny won 5-3.

This is not a game I would play a best of 11 of (which is usually what my wife and I play), but it is a great filler game. The special cards add just the right amount of depth to make this simple game admirable for its simplicity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.