Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do the players choose the order of resolution for the Zombie/ Creature attack dice? For example, if two survivors are in a room and there are four zombies that attack and roll two fear dice and two entrap dice, can you apply the fear first and leave (since you aren't entrapped yet) before applying the entrap effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Todd_22 wrote:
Do the players choose the order of resolution for the Zombie/ Creature attack dice? For example, if two survivors are in a room and there are four zombies that attack and roll two fear dice and two entrap dice, can you apply the fear first and leave (since you aren't entrapped yet) before applying the entrap effect?

David stated in another thread that it has to be the other way around. First you get entrapped, so the fear does nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He did state that Entrapment comes first, which makes sense from a thematic standpoint, but aside from that clarification, the rules say on page 14 "Subsequently the players
decide together which survivors will be affected by which icon. Of course, all affected survivors must be inside the contested room. The order in which the icons are assigned is up to the players."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
He did state that Entrapment comes first, which makes sense from a thematic standpoint, but aside from that clarification, the rules say on page 14 "Subsequently the players
decide together which survivors will be affected by which icon. Of course, all affected survivors must be inside the contested room. The order in which the icons are assigned is up to the players."

Fair enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomnickname wrote:
reddish22 wrote:

Fair enough :)

I think according to the rules as written you could play it either way. It seems like the game is hard enough that you might need a little help sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BGG users rock. Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
the example in the other threat was in a situation were there was only one survivor, so no chance to spread the results over several characters.
In such a case entrapment must be resolved first, as it can only be resolved on the tile itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see now. If it were possible to resolve it off of the tile, you could, but since you can't it's impossible to flee when there are still dice to resolve? Or just if there are entrapments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You would always assign the flee-Outcome last.
So you would have assigned any entrapment and damage before you decide who flees, if possible (because, if everyone is entrapped, no one flees).

Else you could flee from the tile before you get damage assigned.

Reinforcement doesnt matter, orderwise, but I guess it would not hurt to resolve that outcome before flee as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the precedent David is saying is actually that all sic must be applied, but you can apply them in any order you choose. So with one survivor, I don't think you can flee before resolving damage.

That way makes sense and is actually what the rules say, I think sometimes we as gamers complicate things too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree not to overcomplicate things.

But the issue can come up with more survivors as well.
For example 6 attack dice vs 3 survivors with 2 flee, 2 entrapment and 2 Damage. Same case, you have to resolve flee last or one entrapment gets cancelled

So, for me it is an easy rule I can remember and teach to my playing group. And, as always, everyone else is advised to do as he likes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I am starting to find it hard to believe that situations like this did not come up during playtests. There seems to be a lot of situations not covered by the current rule set. This game seriously needs a FAQ and sooner rather than later.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.