United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically, using this when it isn't automatically done, for stuff that requires approval (like reviews and session report). I don't think I have, but it's interesting to see how some folks would like to "gamble" with this feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
No. But I am curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the check box even do or mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, once or twice way back. Nobody ever thought it was a good post! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Yeah, once or twice way back. Nobody ever thought it was a good post! laugh

Same for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:

I believe it sends it through GeekMod wherein it gets awarded various amounts of GeekGold upon approval, unless declined as unworthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
kirkbauer wrote:

I believe it sends it through GeekMod wherein it gets awarded various amounts of GeekGold upon approval, unless declined as unworthy.

You're unworthy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:

Does this mean that if the post is declined you lose the post without a chance to appeal, so you have to re-write the post and re-submit again? (this is the thing that frustrates me when you post images that get declined when there is honestly nothing actually wrong with them - there is no chance of appeal).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Specifically, using this when it isn't automatically done, for stuff that requires approval (like reviews and session report). I don't think I have, but it's interesting to see how some folks would like to "gamble" with this feature.

I tried it once, here is my experience report (for which I did not use the checkbox):
GeekMods, I'm one of you, but I'm annoyed with you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
oriecat wrote:

Does this mean that if the post is declined you lose the post without a chance to appeal, so you have to re-write the post and re-submit again?

Yes - so save it in a word doc first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
JoffW wrote:
oriecat wrote:

Does this mean that if the post is declined you lose the post without a chance to appeal, so you have to re-write the post and re-submit again?

Or even better, an odt document.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
I've used the option for the occasional long strategy article, since these take as much effort as (or more than) a review or session report but are not rewarded by default.

It was more useful a few years ago when geekgold was relatively scarce, but now that geekmod rewards are so much less significant than the New Year's bonuses, I'd probably not bother checking the box these days as I wouldn't notice 2 GG more or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DigitalMan
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

I've done it at least 2 or 3 times (all were approved, as I recall). Here's one I remember for sure:

How I Made Some Gaming Poker Chips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used it once or twice for longish rules/variant articles. Basically I thought the effort was worth just one or two GG as a kind of recognition and GeekMod didn't find this unreasonable.

When GeekModding I similarly tend to award one or a few GG to variants and such depending on perceived effort, but decline for instance press releases or event notifications. Haha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used it now and then. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
JoffW wrote:
oriecat wrote:

Ditto with images... at the very least, retain a copy of the image until the image gets approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I have used it.

I use it for on topic contributions I have put a considerable amount of work on that the Geek does not have a spot for.

Like this one. Don't Escape: Walkthrough

The feature works the same as writing a session report or submitting a review. They send the submission to geekmod and geekmodders decide if it should be accepted and for 1-5 gg.

From my understanding when you submit a session report or review the system basically clicks that box automatically for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.