Popular Tags: [View All]
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming that since leaders who share a hex with another unit are considered "attached to that unit", than having a leader attached to, say, a medium infantry unit, can move when given orders via the "order medium troops card".

In otherwords, I dont have to wait for a command card with a helmet on it?

-E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd rather be gaming...
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the game and have only played two battles but that is my understanding. The attached General will move with whatever unit it is attached to when that unit is ordered. The command cards with a helmet on them are for moving the General separate to the unit, for example from one unit to another. If someone with the rules want to verify that.
- Ozvortex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you don't have to wait for helmet. The helmet means that you can use one order from the card to move the leader alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, and note that you have to spend 2 orders if you want to move the unit one place and the leader someplace else. Also, you can't move the leader to join another unit and then have that unit move-- altho if the range/rate of movement works out, you could spend one order to move a unit and then spend another to move the leader to that unit's new position.

One odd point is that leaders only move 3, while light cavalry can move 4 (and if a leader were attached, he'd move 4 with them as well.)

I always wonder when a few horsemen (giving him some staff, couriers, bodyguards, etc.) cannot move as fast as a formed unit of horsemen...

(But it does not come up that often.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
kduke wrote:
I always wonder when a few horsemen (giving him some staff, couriers, bodyguards, etc.) cannot move as fast as a formed unit of horsemen...

After purchasing CC&A, I checked out some books on the Punic Wars from the library and purchased the PC game, Rome: Total War (RTW). In RTW, the general's unit is usually a heavily armored cavalry platoon/unit/bodyguard. So it seems reasonable to me that a leader in CC&A should move about the same as medium cavalry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.