Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Are energy cubes unlimited ? if all the energy cubes are taken what happens ?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
If all energy cubes are taken, the next player buys all the cards and wins the game!

Seriously, there is no strategic or tactical reason to hoard so many cubes that running out of the cubes would ever happen.

I.e. you would severely handicap yourself by keeping a stock of more than about 10-14 cubes at any time. The cards are much more valuable when you buy them early on, or deny the good cards by just sweeping the good cards away. If you have 9 cubes, but nothing good to buy, pay 2 to sweep and you still have 7 cubes to buy the most expensive cards. (I don't remember if there are any that cost more than 7.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a single card that costs 8, but it gives you 9 energy in return. I don't remember what it is called.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above. But to answer your question I would say the cubes are unlimited. If for some highly unlikely reason you run put I would just say use any token you want to represent energy.

Generally in games if resources are meant to be finite it is stated in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a card to cause players to lose energize cubes. Hoarding cubes isn't without some risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubes are unlimited if you run out keep track with different methods. There are a couple cards where hording could help for healing or for other benefits. But even then you are going to be hording and then spending them. I've never seen a pile run out. I don't think I've ever seen a pile run low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.