1 , 2  Next »   | 

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » News

Subject: Krosmaster Quest info rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tino Seth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone see the latest Krosmaster Quest announcement? Compatible with Krosmaster Arena. Appears to be multiple ways to play a dungeon crawl — players vs. DM, Players vs. players, and arena battles. Quests and crafting? Anyone have a better understanding?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=530457000371821&set=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I Simply Walk Into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damnit Ankama, STOP TAKING MY MONEYYY cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Svensson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that matters is that the Krosmaster world expands. Use the same figures, play a different game... Fabulous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this may finally push me over the edge and get me to purchase Arena

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its very frustrating seeing every news release about this game in French. soblue

Yes, I understand the irony of an English speaker complaining about game news in a foreign language. whistle

Can we get a translator in here to give us the low down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, we'll have to deal with Japanime to get our hands on this eventually though. I still don't have all of my 'I WANT IT NOW' pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
From Google Translate:

And here's a colorized and Illustrated model By Xavier Houssin Edouard Guitton and the new Quest Boardgame Krosmaster Exclusivity and its game modes
-
Krosmaster Quest is playable in several modes and compatible with all models S01 & S02 KM :

- RUSH DUNGEON : 2 to 4 players. 1-3 players compete the " DEMON " ( like a dungeon keeper ) in a ... Dungeon ^ ^ . Either the players earn SET or the player " DEMON " wins. This is the mode " initiation." Duration: 1 hour

- MASTER OF Krosmoz : 2-5 players. Each player lives of outdoor adventures AND in dungeon , every man for himself . It's a race to GG , 1 ONLY WINNER end of the game . This is the " competitive " mode. Duration 2 to 3 hours

- HEROES VS DEMON : 2 to 6 players , outdoor adventures AND in dungeon. 1-5 players against a player " DEMON " . Either the players earn SET or the player " DEMON " wins ONLY . This is the " cooperative " mode. Duration 2-3 hours.

The recommended age is 10 +

In DUNGEON MASTER and HEROES VS DEMON modes , players can perform quests , challenges, fight mobs , farmer , crafter, buy / sell in hotel sales , make dungeon , equip , mount power exchange tips ... a bit like an MMO . They can even make the PVP mode MANOR Krosmoz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
From Google Translate:

And here's a colorized and Illustrated model By Xavier Houssin Edouard Guitton and the new Quest Boardgame Krosmaster Exclusivity and its game modes
-
Krosmaster Quest is playable in several modes and compatible with all models S01 & S02 KM :

- RUSH DUNGEON : 2 to 4 players. 1-3 players compete the " DEMON " ( like a dungeon keeper ) in a ... Dungeon ^ ^ . Either the players earn SET or the player " DEMON " wins. This is the mode " initiation." Duration: 1 hour

- MASTER OF Krosmoz : 2-5 players. Each player lives of outdoor adventures AND in dungeon , every man for himself . It's a race to GG , 1 ONLY WINNER end of the game . This is the " competitive " mode. Duration 2 to 3 hours

- HEROES VS DEMON : 2 to 6 players , outdoor adventures AND in dungeon. 1-5 players against a player " DEMON " . Either the players earn SET or the player " DEMON " wins ONLY . This is the " cooperative " mode. Duration 2-3 hours.

The recommended age is 10 +

In DUNGEON MASTER and HEROES VS DEMON modes , players can perform quests , challenges, fight mobs , farmer , crafter, buy / sell in hotel sales , make dungeon , equip , mount power exchange tips ... a bit like an MMO . They can even make the PVP mode MANOR Krosmoz

Nice, thanks. A little rough but getting the general idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Svensson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think this will be the winner of the game modes proposed. If I understood the translation at all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yeah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth James
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magnum70 wrote:

I think this will be the winner of the game modes proposed. If I understood the translation at all...

I'm not so sure. It sounds like a tutorial mode, honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Throwing imaginary money at screen has no effect.. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the facebook comments)

contains 7 figures.
60 euros (maximum price)
Sale in April 2014. Demo at Essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Ruel on the cover, I wonder if it have straight duplicate figures from Arena or if the sculpts/stats will be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked my brother for a semi-professional translation:

========================
And here is a colored mock up and illustration by Xavier Housssin and Edouard Guitton of the new Krosmaster Quest Boardgame and its game modes:

Krosmaster Quest is playable in a few modes and compatible with all figurines from S01 and S02 KM:

- DUNGEON RUSH: 2-4 players. 1-3 players confront the "DEMON" (some what like a dungeon guardian) in a... Dungeon ^^. Either all players win TOGETHER, or the EMON" player wins. It is the "beginner" mode. Duration of around 1 hour.

- MASTER OF THE KROSMOZ: 2-5 players. Each player goes on an adventure in the open AND in the dungeon, on their own. It is a race to the goal, only 1 winner at the end of the game. It is the "competitive" mode. Duration of 2-3 hours.

- HEROES VS DEMON: 2-6 players, adventures in the open AND in the dungeon. 1-5 players against a "DEMON" player. Either the players win TOGETHER, or the "DEMON" player wins. It is the "cooperative" mode. Duration of 2-3 hours.

Recommended age is 10+.

In the MASTER OF THE KROSMOZ and HEROS VS DEMON modes, the players can complete quests, face challenges, combat mobs, farm, craft, buy/sell at shops, create dungeons, equip themselves, increase their powers, exchange items...a little like a MMO. It can even be played PVP in the MASTER OF THE KROSMOZ mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Looks like Ruel on the cover, I wonder if it have straight duplicate figures from Arena or if the sculpts/stats will be different.

In the Dofus/Wakfu universe and games, the members of each different race do really resemble one another. Ruel is an Enutrof, the only one amongst the Series 1 figures. Enotrufs are characterized by an adventuring spirit, an obsession with hoarding Kamas, and a shovel weapon and enchanted bag to store their substantial loot. My guess is that their rustic appearance is due to their stinginess and unwillingness to part with their wealth.

Of the currently released figures, Ruel is the only Enutrof, Yugo is the only Eliotrope, Nox is the only Xelor, Argon Gass is the only Foggernaut, and Percimol is the only Puddling. I can't remember what Shak Shaka is...

Evangelyne is a Cra and looks like a female version of Bill Tell. Amalia is a Sadida and resembles Makum Bah, Fern Sock'Em, and Klor Ofil. Percedal (Sadlygrove or Tristepin from the show) is an Iop who is a pupil of Goultard who is also an Iop. There's a resemblance there too. Interestingly the other Iops you see in Wakfu are big, burly, gorilla-like guys.

Anyway... From the cover I see a male Xelor (Dofus Xelors look like mummified Final Fantasy black mages), what I think is supposed to be a male Osamodas in a Tofu outfit (Think Queen of the Tofus), a male Enutrof, a female Pandawa, a female Iop, and a female Steamer (Kinda like a non-robotic Foggernaut I think). Not sure what is pictured between the Osamada and the Enutrof and there's also the red dragon there. I figure one of those will be the seventh figure in the set. Each of these is a unique race or gender to those figures currently available.

If you can't tell, I'm super excited about this coming out. I wonder if the figures will be unique to future Arena releases though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
promo poster & game photos on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/Krosmaster?ref=stream&hc_location=s...

Looks like they will be all new figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Miller
Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei Muara
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah the Tofu that you see is a Royal Tofu summon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
A beta version of the game was show at Essen Spiel

The game will also be tested this weekend November 2&3 during the 2013 Krosmaster Arena Championship in Paris France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what's going on, but that looks awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

I agree. The one thing that bugs me is that there doesn't seem to be miniatures for monsters. Are they going to use tokens instead? For me that would reduce the awesomeness a few notches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

I agree. The one thing that bugs me is that there doesn't seem to be miniatures for monsters. Are they going to use tokens instead? For me that would reduce the awesomeness a few notches.

Good point. I am almost always opposed to tokens representing monsters.

Perhaps other Krosmasters represent the enemy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
My uninformed guess would be that those larger hex-shaped tiles, or cards represent monsters, and are random encounter monsters, similar to the old Final Fantasy games. On every move you probably roll a die and have a chance to encounter a monster or some such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkrust wrote:
Ah the Tofu that you see is a Royal Tofu summon.
Yep, just looked at the poster. Looks like we get:

Female Iop
Male Enotruf
Male Xelor
Female Steamer
Female Pandawa
Royal Tofu
Royal Gobball

Victor Mancha wrote:
While I agree minis would be awesome, consider the fact that with the 4 figure expansions each figure retails for $7. Looking at how many figures come with a game like Descent or Super Dungeon Explore there would be no way I could afford it and I'd venture Ankama would have a hell of a time marketing it as well. I could maybe see small figure pack expansions to replace tokens piecemeal, but I think we need to see exactly how enemies and such are worked into the game first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |