Popular Tags: [View All]
CHRIS HALVORSON
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After first play I just have a couple questions.
1- when solid with harken what is the benefit in the upper right corner saying $100?

2-when getting crew and gear do those cards go into your hand. Then when activating a job a player chooses what crew and gear to assign to the job? I am confused with the rules stating "Crew onboard the ship may not be affected by the results"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to answer without benefit of rule book or game handy so if I am wrong, hopefully someone corrects quickly.

Harken's solid benefit is fuel for $100 I think, isn't that because he isn't on a supply planet and he can sell fuel to you if needed?

Crew is always to the right of your ship board and you can have as many as your ship board tells you that you can, gear can stay in your hand and swapped out as needed.

Also, when you are completing something, say a Misbehave card, not all crew needs to be off the ship helping complete the task, you can designate a couple different crew members to leave behind on the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHRIS HALVORSON
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. How do I separate those working a job and those who are not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Being solid with Harken allows you to buy fuel from him for $100 during a Deal action.

This is good because you normally can only buy fuel at the five supply planets during a buy action. For example, you cannot buy fuel from the Space Bazaar while Dealing with Amnon Duul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CHRISDH wrote:
Sounds good. How do I separate those working a job and those who are not?

I don't think there is anything official about how to do it that I remember, we just move forward the crew that we want to "activate" for the action and let everyone know that is who is working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
You really only need to determine the Crew/Gear composition when taking a Work Action to start (make active) a Job or advance a Job. Should a Nav card require a skill test, you can select your Crew at that moment. Basically, once you start a Job that Crew is NOT solely tied to it. However, keep in mind that when starting or advancing a Job, you must still meet any Needs that may be required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Further, I assume that the needs must be met by crew or gear assigned to the job. The FAQ (see Files secton below) has some clarifications on working jobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Pewtress
Canada
Guelph
Ontario, Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
Being solid with Harken allows you to buy fuel from him for $100 during a Deal action.

This is good because you normally can only buy fuel at the five supply planets during a buy action. For example, you cannot buy fuel from the Space Bazaar while Dealing with Amnon Duul.

Actually you can, since you get two actions... you can Deal/action and Buy/acton

Clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
tailz wrote:
robertg611 wrote:

Actually you can, since you get two actions... you can Deal/action and Buy/acton

Clint

Sure, if you want to spend two actions... whistle

To be honest, when at the Space Bazaar I will always do a Deal action then a Buy action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.