Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my second game of March to the Sea.

The US forces are trying to escape a hostile Germany. Although the population have sympathy for the Americans, any US retaliation to the Government's military attacks will turn the people against them.

The Germans take a little time to get into position to intercept but the US use their artillery to stall two of the advancing enemy units. The US catch a break because they have not suffered any casualties and managed to progress a bit further than expected.
(Count the Wounded) Although there were a few skirmishes.

German counterbattery fire hits a school which the chancellor blames on the tactics of the US forces. This shifts the public opinion towards the Government stance. (Damaged School) This also makes it a little harder for the US as they fight a few more skirmishes to the north and east.

Then a silly mistake causes a company of American Infantry to get sidetracked and surrounded.
(They're cut off!) Their surrender had a massive impact on the following battles with the US taking more losses than expected.

A Visit by the chancellor to the East encourages all the German forces to advance quickly (Fuming Politician). This causes the Americans to stumble and the US Airforce is finally neutralized making it safer for the German Tanks.

Unfortunately Commander Harrington is struck down (Lucky shot) but the US soldiers fight back stronger than ever and not taking any casualties this time. The US artillery also make their first impact on enemy forces since the start of the conflict.

The US try some deceptive tactics which backfire when the Germans bomb the decoy in a residential area, causing a lot of damage and bad publicity. (Mobile H.Q.) The following Battles were massive but both sides must have been cautious as casualties were not as high.

With the situation getting desparate, the Americans destroy one of Germany's iconic Bridges to prevent pursuit. This angers the population (Drop the Bridge) and hampers the US in their next round of skirmishes causing the destruction of a US tank Company. The US artillery seem to be having a troubled time doing any serious damage to their opposition.

The Americans are feeling confident as they approach the coast. Suddenly A fast moving German unit slips through the defences and causes havoc with the US forces. (Inside the pickets) This results in the US Anti-Aircraft Company being destroyed during the large confrontation but not before it took out the remaining German Aircraft.

As a last ditch attempt to stop the US escaping, a unit at 60% strength is ordered into the path of the advance. (Activated) However it fails to prevent the US forces from exiting the country. The German Chancellor is absolutely furious.

The American nation is devastated at the loss of so many men, but the military machine respects what was achieved.

Notes:
I really just scraped in a win. The cards fell into place although I really only had a choice of two cards per turn after the fourth round. That is when I picked up "Makin the News" which is probably the worst card in the deck. The dice rolls went both ways, although at the end the modifiers were so far against me, I was happy the results weren't worse.
The game is great! You have a real sense of superiority as you start out with your well organized force and the support of the German people. And as the game progresses it just goes to hell ...

Edit for spelling
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.