Mark Charboneau
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I am looking for a new co-op game for my family to play. We got my wife to start playing Pandemic and my kids heard about Mice and Mystics. It looks family friendly but I do not know anything about it. Looking for some general information if it is worth buying. If not what do you think are some good Co-Op games. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is perfect for a family game. It is an easier co-op, and a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what your ages are for the young ones but assuming they are 10ish and up I can give the nod on M&M. I simply love this game. I think with some adult guidance the game would not be to overly complex. The theme is a refreshing one and it has some nice story telling elements to set the scene before and during game play. Your family would work together taking on the role of a hero mouse with unique abilities to complete chapter 1 of the story book. The combat system is light (not much if any math needed) as the dice used all have icons representing what happens when rolled. Each time you play you can move to the next chapter in the story or, replay the last chapter with a new strategy if you suffered a defeat last time. There are also some good video reviews on the geek (I would recommend http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/21411/mice-and-mystics/mi... ) Hope this info helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Holder

Concord
North Carolina
msg tools
My wife and I love mice and mystics. It's a full co op game with smooth gameplay once we got used to the rules. I have yet to try my daughter ( she's only 5) but I've no doubt she will love it too. I really like the miniatures and the custom dice, the game is made with great component stock and should last a long time. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its brilliant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's perfect for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing Mice and Mystics with my husband. However, if I were to play with kids, I would do the following:

Play a chapter on your own in advance, so that you are familiar with the chapter specific rules a head of time. Some kids don't have the patience to sit there while you flip through the rules to figure things out.

Consider playing single tiles at a time rather than playing a full chapter in a single sitting. This would depend more on the length of your kids' attention span, and you would know best about that.

I still recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family LOVES Flash Point: Fire Rescue. This is the wifey's favorite and the kiddos do very well with it. Their ages are 8, 6 and 5 (the other two aren't quite ready to play with fire yet). laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for a family-friendly game that is mostly about running around, rolling dice and bashing enemies in the face with your sword (in a PG way), Mice and Mystics is a great choice. If you are looking for something more cerebral and less story-driven, I would suggest Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert, close cousins of Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter is 6, and she absolutely loves this game. The components are beautiful, and the story is a lot of fun. I agree with the previous poster about getting things figured out ahead of time - this will make things much easier when you play with your kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.