Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
This game plays pretty well 2 players so we (Jeremy and Jy) decided to give it a go. Well, I managaged to lay streetcars in such a way as to secure a mall and a triple res (*2) early. We both threw down parks trying to stump each other, but both times we pretty much missed, although Jeremy did catch me with 2 cards on his park.

Midgame was not too good for Jeremy as I played a factory in 8-zone (where he has 5 cards) and then played a mall up against that factory, and then I played a triple res (*2) in 7-zone, and Jeremy answered with another triple res (*2). We traded churches at the end, but the mall I played were too much:

Final score:
Jy 155 ?
Jeremy 117 ?

I really like this game, but I have probably played it 25 times by now and it is losing a bit of it's shine as a 2 player game. Multiplayer I still like it a lot, but 2 players just seems to be losing it's appeal for me.

Jeremy even remarked after only his second game, that he thought Big City played better with 3 players. Having said that I happen to know that it is one of the few multiplayer games that also plays well 2 players, so I still think Big City is an awesome game to own.

This was one of my first German games and I still rate this one 4 stars (good game, played often).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.