Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Mil Sims will not be at Cancon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: cancon [+] cancon2014 [+] [View All]
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
In the process of finalising my latest order with Mil Sims I took the opportunity to enquire whether or not they'd be at Cancon in January.

Alas, the reply was that they would not as logistics and costs have gotten out of hand.

Like many of you no doubt, I'm sorry to hear this but their absence, while being felt will not, I hope, detract from what promises to be another great convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
After last year's hoohah, I didn't think that they would be back. Also, if they did, then they would probably have a small space only as there is no way the existing retailers are going to give up space for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And by hoohah you mean....? Do tell :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Mc
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
ManualGamer.com
badge
Bloodshed and violence and savagery were the natural elements of the life Conan knew
mbmbmbmbmb
samc1078 wrote:
And by hoohah you mean....? Do tell :-)

I believe this might be the thread you are looking for: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/899250/milsims-not-at-cancon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
Australia
Canberra
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah well, there were plenty of retailers who did want some Canberran cash this year, suspect that will play out the same next year.

Looking forward to the X-Wing events!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd hope to see another good diversity of traders again; maybe some of the smaller ones that only have an online presence. The second hand stall, run for the first time by the guys from the miniatures club in Sylvania, was also pretty good. It was good to make a few bob selling off Games Workshop Ltd. garbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.