Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear about 3.3 (C): I can "create" more than one new family in one go, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so, although I haven't been able to yet.

Forget that - I want to be able to have three Men in one Family and be more aggressive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Forget that - I want to be able to have three Men in one Family and be more aggressive!

Easy, big fella. It's not that type of game ...

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
I think so, although I haven't been able to yet.

Why -- you just need one adult to start a family, right?
Granted, you'll lose culture points through every orifice if you start a bunch of one-individual families (and they won't get much mobility), but it's still feasible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Just to be clear about 3.3 (C): I can "create" more than one new family in one go, right?

Actually, I think you can't. The rules say you can create "a new family" during that step. I interpreted that to mean at most one new family can be created per PoT operation. Contrast with 3.3 (B), which says you can add people to existing "families".

It makes sense, as it adds pressure to undergo PoT when you have a lot of people in the PoT box. Surplus people can be converted to Elders, but eventually those would run out and you'd be forced to lose people that couldn't be placed somewhere.

Incorrect, see below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I can see this going either way.
The rules say "Population counters in the Passage of Time box may be place in the Family box of an out-of-play Family."
They don't say "any *one* out-of-play Family," but just "an out-of-play Family." So I'm still sitting on the fence.

The argument that you can only get one new family per passage of time does make sense to me, on many levels. But if the rules allow for more than one family... I might want to take advantage of that on occasion.

So which one is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You can create more than 1 new family if population counters in Passage of Time box are sufficient.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joel!
And now it's time to stretch our resources thin and pay the iron culture price for all those new empty family spots...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.