Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Obamacare gets upgraded! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
It's about time they got this fixed.

Quote:
Responding to widespread criticism regarding its health care website, the federal government today unveiled its new, improved Obamacare program, which allows Americans to purchase health insurance after installing a software bundle contained on 35 floppy disks. “I have heard the complaints about the existing website, and I can assure you that with this revised system, finding the right health care option for you and your family is as easy as loading 35 floppy disks sequentially into your disk drive and following the onscreen prompts,” President Obama told reporters this morning.


Hit the link. The picture is outstanding.


This just gave me a flashback to trying to install King's Quest V on my parents' computer when I was a kid.
16 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
It's about time they got this fixed.

Quote:
Responding to widespread criticism regarding its health care website, the federal government today unveiled its new, improved Obamacare program, which allows Americans to purchase health insurance after installing a software bundle contained on 35 floppy disks. “I have heard the complaints about the existing website, and I can assure you that with this revised system, finding the right health care option for you and your family is as easy as loading 35 floppy disks sequentially into your disk drive and following the onscreen prompts,” President Obama told reporters this morning.


Hit the link. The picture is outstanding.


This just gave me a flashback to trying to install King's Quest V on my parents' computer when I was a kid.


Never mind install; I remember playing one of the Kings Quests (can't remember which) and every time you walked off the screen it was "Insert Disk 7".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
That reminded me of a couple of years ago when Star Wars: The Old Republic came out. Thinking about how much larger games are now than they were 20-30 years ago, I did some quick math and figured that the 3.5" floppy version would've come with about 18,000 disks.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BJ shortchanging us again, I see.

Sure, mention the easy 35-disk install, whatever.

You forgot to mention it was MOUSE COMPATIBLE!

Did you see that?? MOUSE COMPATIBLE!! These things are the future, I tell ya!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What's a "floppy disk"?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me when it is on cassette tape.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit, I have visions of installing OS2 Warp on about 100 PCs using the 28 or so floppies that that thing came on. Had to do an assembly line of 6-10 of them to make the process work worth a damn.

Now get offa my yard!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In one of my jobs I had to use 8 inch floppy disks.

And old school "washing machine" hard drives with removal drums.

And one of our 10 inch tape machines was so old it had be loaded by hand including feeding the tape past the heads and spooling it onto the lower reel by hand.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this part...
Quote:
Obama added that the federal government hopes to have a six–CD-ROM version of the program available by 2016.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Be sure you don't lose that snazzy manual, since you'll need it when the copy-protection kicks in during disk 5 and forces you to look up the 6th word of paragraph 3 on page 1257 of the Affordable Care Act
14 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCarson
United States
Brunswick Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Go Army!
badge
Beat Navy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
Be sure you don't lose that snazzy manual, since you'll need it when the copy-protection kicks in during disk 5 and forces you to look up the 6th word of paragraph 3 on page 1257 of the Affordable Care Act


Gialmere wrote:
What's a "floppy disk"?


What's a manual? I vaguely remember books coming with software, was that a manual?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
It's about time they got this fixed.

Quote:
Responding to widespread criticism regarding its health care website, the federal government today unveiled its new, improved Obamacare program, which allows Americans to purchase health insurance after installing a software bundle contained on 35 floppy disks. “I have heard the complaints about the existing website, and I can assure you that with this revised system, finding the right health care option for you and your family is as easy as loading 35 floppy disks sequentially into your disk drive and following the onscreen prompts,” President Obama told reporters this morning.


Hit the link. The picture is outstanding.


This just gave me a flashback to trying to install King's Quest V on my parents' computer when I was a kid.


Quest for Glory (or Hero's Quest as it was first known). A mere 6 floppies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
legendno6 wrote:
toku42 wrote:
Be sure you don't lose that snazzy manual, since you'll need it when the copy-protection kicks in during disk 5 and forces you to look up the 6th word of paragraph 3 on page 1257 of the Affordable Care Act


Gialmere wrote:
What's a "floppy disk"?


What's a manual? I vaguely remember books coming with software, was that a manual?


A manual is that thing with pages that you throw away when you get a new piece of software.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.