Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you place a building in The Scours, the card allows you to discard 1 card per turn as well as receiving $2 from the bank. If I play (and ultimately discard) 1 (and only 1) card on my turn - can this be construed as my one discard re: The Scours card? How about if I play 2 cards - can my 2nd card be The Scours discard ... OR ... would my discard have to be in addition to any card(s) I played (utilizing the icons on top of the card(s))?

Also Harry King allows you to discard as many cards as you wish. Would this be in addition to (and not including) my played card, or would it include my initially played card as well? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer99 wrote:
If you place a building in The Scours, the card allows you to discard 1 card per turn as well as receiving $2 from the bank. If I play (and ultimately discard) 1 (and only 1) card on my turn - can this be construed as my one discard re: The Scours card? How about if I play 2 cards - can my 2nd card be The Scours discard ... OR ... would my discard have to be in addition to any card(s) I played (utilizing the icons on top of the card(s))?

Also Harry King allows you to discard as many cards as you wish. Would this be in addition to (and not including) my played card, or would it include my initially played card as well? Thanks
In addition.
Basically, to use the ability of the scours, you have to say you're using it, discard a card, and get the $2.
To use Harry King, you play it, and after that discard all the cards you want from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelan is correct. You get the benefit when you discard a card without effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I appreciate your quick response. I would also imagine that I would not be allowed to use the icons on top of any cards I discarded prior to their discard. Would that be the correct assumption?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say that you can discard only from hand to get the benefits. If you have already played a card, then that will be discarded after use already, and you can't get any extra benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
If you use the icons, you're not discarding the card, you're using it and then placing it in the discard pile (not the same thing). Similarly, if you're discarding a card for one effect (say, the Scours) then you can't also discard it for a different effect - it's already in the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.