8 Posts

Freedom in the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Freedom in the Galaxy player notes, where is it in the rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Sutherland
msg tools
mbmb
In the player notes of FITG there is a reference to the Empire player only being about to do diplomacy missions every other turn and having to rest, or words to that effect. Where is it in the rules that this is the case? What am I missing?

Thanks!

ps. surely by this time someone has added optional rules for the force but I have yet to see it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Walton
United Kingdom
Banbury
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think this comment in the player notes refers to the difficulty for the Imperial player of carrying out constant missions - because his mission groups tend to be smaller, he's going to have to leave entire groups to rest in order to heal wounds accumulated from creature encounters and so forth more frequently than the Rebel. I'm pretty sure there is no rule which prohibits the Emperor from carrying out consecutive Diplomacy missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct and it's an inaccurate observation anyway, the Imperial player can plan his SA carefully to orchestrate getting his characters together, he can easily assemble three to four good groups of 2-3 characters with good combat ratings and execute missions at a rate only a bit below the Rebels. The imperials don't need to run as many missions anyway but can definitely run groups such that attrition due to wounds is minimal (or no worse than the rebels).

The Imperials only really start suffering mission personnel shortages once they need those characters to lead military units to snuff out trouble spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would swear this was a rule in the original SPI version.

It was to simulate that the Empire had already heard all the standard imperial propaganda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
edbolme wrote:

It was to simulate that the Empire had already heard all the standard imperial propaganda.

I have the SPI version and I do not see such a restriction in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brigade wrote:
edbolme wrote:

I have the SPI version and I do not see such a restriction in the rules.

Fascinating, because I so clearly remember reading the explanation for that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't seem to remember that restriction on the Imperial player either. Perhaps it was from a variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very, very strange. I remember it clear as a bell, and we always played that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.