Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,

I wonder if the vassal module (3.0.10a) might have a bug, or perhaps not but something else is at issue?

During my last live game (running Vassal engine 3.2.6), I had a situation as the Americans where the module wouldn't advance the turn marker due to an empty hand before the end of AR6, in effect freezing the game. An error message was returned saying that a card had to be played [even though the hand was empty].

Note: This question was already raised in an earlier post (http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12364103#12364103), but was never really answered, so I thought I'd resurrect the subject with a fresh thread.

The actual situation: Turn 2... Americans play 'UN Intervention' for the Event and also get hit with 'Blockade', played by the Soviets as an event. So in reality, the Americans were out of cards at the end of AR4. But for the sake of the question, it really doesn't matter when the hand becomes empty. The problem occurs when the hand is emptied anytime before the last AR.

Our work-around: The way we got around the problem was by DRAGGING the top card from the discard pile back into the hand, then selected "Play for Ops" without actually executing any action. Once 'Play for Ops' was clicked, the turn marker was enabled and we were able to advance the game at which time the module sent the enabling card back to the discard pile automatically.

This seems to be a workable solution, but I was wondering if its always been like this or if its a recent bug?

Also, has anyone noticed lately that the 'US/Japan Mutual Defense Pact' card (#27) is blank?

Perhaps considering that I've encountered both of the above problems, the issue may lie with me. So I'm curious.

Thanx!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your problem is that you run version 3.2.6.
Switch to 3.1.20 and it will run smoothly. All active players play in this version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh.... hadn't thought of that as a potential reason for the problem. But it makes sense now that you say it.

Appreciate the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.