Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
5dbFistful of Dollars -
It arrived! My league bought a lot of stuff and for the most part, it was an excellent value; upgrades for all of the teams, Ultimate, extra hexes, extra decals, MVPs, etc.

ninjaMissing Stuff -
1) My Zees are missing a prone figure.
2) The kid w/ the dinosaur is missing, though that may have been mentioned in a KS update.
3) The Nameless' Striker upgrades do not include mounting bases. There are three plastic bases for the three plastic Nameless Strikers, but none for the metal. Not cool.

Fortunately, Mantic's customer service has been exceptional. I expect someone across the pond will be able to address my missing prone Zee and absent bases. But the principle of having to contact them is a disappointment.

Has anyone else had some missing bits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Package 3 of 3 has arrived! Good, bad, and ugly.
My whole package is still missing.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some interesting feedback there. I'm hoping mine will arrive soon as well. I do find it odd that a few of the figures are in metal, but it doesn't really upset me much. At this point I'm also pretty much resigned to how awful the material is to work with. Once you accept that, it's really all just part of the package. The models do look good once cleaned up and painted, and in that regard I think they are a great value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidian3d wrote:
Some interesting feedback there. I'm hoping mine will arrive soon as well. I do find it odd that a few of the figures are in metal, but it doesn't really upset me much. At this point I'm also pretty much resigned to how awful the material is to work with. Once you accept that, it's really all just part of the package. The models do look good once cleaned up and painted, and in that regard I think they are a great value.

I'm monitor this thread a bit more before I send a message to Mantic. In the meantime, I'll start assembling. Incidentally, my league played their first play off match this evening. The game was decided on the last roll of the last rush. Exciting times! Slippery Joe is one hell of a slippery striker...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thread for this? I thought we already had one?

The good: great game, great rules, great fun & value.

the bad: wicked moldlines (hard to clean off the Restic) and sometimes shallow details on the minis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:

the bad: wicked moldlines (hard to clean off the Restic) and sometimes shallow details on the minis

I appreciate that some of my sentiments have been expressed before. But at the end, I specifically address what's wrong with this shipment. It may do the community well to know if everyone is missing a prone Zee / and Nameless Striker bases, or if I'm just unlucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drewcula wrote:
rashktah wrote:

I appreciate that some of my sentiments have been expressed before. But at the end, I specifically address what's wrong with this shipment. It may do the community well to know if everyone is missing a prone Zee / and Nameless Striker bases, or if I'm just unlucky.

I believe Sebastian was referring to the extremely similarly named thread that was started five days ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
drewcula wrote:
rashktah wrote:

I believe Sebastian was referring to the extremely similarly named thread that was started five days ago.

Huh. Well, here's to the synchronicity of Sergio Leone film references, and my lack of thread title creativity! Bottom line; I'm missing stuff. A prone Zee, an MVP named Jake, and some Nameless Striker bases. Anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Rewenger
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got too many of one sort of heads for the teratons. Another head was deformed. Nothing missing though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten my stuff yet. Hope it comes soon!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

Ditto.

I bet you guys will have a delivery this weekend. May you each score 4 point strikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidian3d wrote:

I hope I do not get any of the metals Mantic was talking about in the kickstarter update. I hate metal minis and I would never have backed the KS if I thought I would get metal minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeg99 wrote:
Obsidian3d wrote:

I hope I do not get any of the metals Mantic was talking about in the kickstarter update. I hate metal minis and I would never have backed the KS if I thought I would get metal minis.

If you ordered any of the alternative posed miniatures for Season Three then those are metal. I think some of the backer MVPs may be metal too although couldn't confirm that 100% (although if they're only doing limited runs then metal makes more sense financially).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally don't understand the issues with metal figures. They will paint up just fine.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about the metal with a couple of caveats, IF the metal figure is bigger than the corresponding plastic/resin figure mixing them in a team may look bad to some folks. The other caveat is detail level. I saw a picture of a metal chimp team member that looked really poorly cast compared to the plastic/resin one. Could have been just a bad cast (which I am sure Mantic will replace) but if the metal figs look different due to level of detail mixing them i a team may also look bad.

But if they are similarly sized and detailed I have no issues mixing them and actually like metal better (easier to clean up).

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
I personally don't understand the issues with metal figures. They will paint up just fine.

-Ski

I haven't assembled everything, but I will report this; the metal nameless striker is going to be a pain in the a**. The resin version is either pre-assembled, or cast in one piece. Not so for the metal variant. It has a lot of delicate pieces / joints. Worse, the metal mini has no base. Each resin mini has a custom base for the legs to slip into. There were no such metal bases in my package. I have no idea how these metal minis are going to stand up!

I hope this wasn't a larger oversight, and that my package is simply missing the goods. Or, I'm some sort of mini-assembling idiot who doesn't see the solution in front of his face.

Frankly, I would have preferred waiting longer for all of the upgrade packs to be delivered in resin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
And... I'm an idiot. I went back to the studio to take a compare and contrast picture of the nameless strikers. Sure enough, there's a freaking base with the metal ones. But it is different from the resin version, and it will be a pain in the a** to assemble. Image forthcoming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal tends to hold detail better than the plastic that Mantic use but they do tend to be slightly bigger. And I've seen the picture Andrew is talking about and the Nameless Guard is going to be an absolute git to put together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Metal tends to hold detail better than the plastic that Mantic use but they do tend to be slightly bigger. And I've seen the picture Andrew is talking about and the Nameless Guard is going to be an absolute git to put together.

SOB. That thing is a guard? I'm apparently huffing too much modeling glue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, my package arrived. I'm trying to inventory it all and am having a lot of trouble. Anyone have a list of what parts each item is supposed to have, and better yet pictures and explanations of what is in each of the little unmarked bags?

For example, I have a bag with 10 resin Zee in it. I assume that is the Z team. But then I have a bag with 9 metal Zee including several multi part ones, one of which is the prone guy. Inventory sheet included in the package lists 'Zee upgrade pack (4 figures + prone -METAL) and a separate item of 'Zee Two-Pack'. I did find a pack with two resin Zee (same pose) and one with a single Zee (I think it is the Riller MVP).

But frankly I could use some help IDing what I have.

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake - similar deliver here. Our league ordered the Season 3 upgrade, so in addition to Riller, I had the bag of 10 resins, and one bag of 9 metal. The inventory sheets listed this as "4 figure + prone - METAL" x 2. So logically I thought, "Okay, they just dump two bags' contents into one. No biggie." But then I'm missing a prone Zee.

My guess is your bag of 2 resin Zee were from the Striker pledge stretch goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.