Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Massey
United States
Salem
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycoon - Mark, Matt, Craig, Andrew: I was itchin' to play this again after trying it for the first time at SNOB. After explaining the rules and clarifying that players had one action they could take several times (yes there was a problem getting this fact across), we took off. The first round saw loans taken by Mark, Matt and myself on turn one with Andrew the only one to get onto the board and start devloping. Rio was an early hotspot for hotel construction and Andrew ended up plunking a factory down there in round one. This would pay off big for him the rest of the game. Matt and I pushed hotels in New York and Monaco, but got enough development to make it pay.

Round two saw Andrew build some more factories again paying off handsomely. By the time the rest of us got in on the factory act, it was too late. Andrew cleaned up in round three on factories again. He played the least amount of hotels and the most factories and took us to the cleaners in a nice recovery from his performance in Florence.

Final Score: Andrew 135, Matt 100, Craig 91, Mark 75.

This was a very different game than the one I played in on Monday where New York and Monaco paid off big and three players were bunched together in the 130+ range for the win and with one slacker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.