Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have posted this is the main board game design forum but I know that the core audience (families) may miss this entry there is the sea of games posted.

Rules are here.

This is a lite dexterity game played with a portion of standard playing cards that has several variant stories and mechanics.

This is still very much a WIP so feedback on mechanics, theme, gameplay or suggestions for new variants are welcomed! Thank you. meeple

-Gregg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've downloaded the rules and I'll make a quick read. Maybe you should add the game to the BGG database if you feel it's finished

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rules for the first story. It looks fun but I'm worried about how the clover field "moves" when cards are tossed against it. What does you experience say ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The initial configuration is for setup but I wouldn't worry about cards shifting here and there. Minor adjustments can be made between tosses if a card slides completely under another. But, since the game state applies to all players simultaneously, the shifted clovers have minimal negative impact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering finally adding this to the BGG database but would appreciate a little more external feedback before I make it official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael "Tie-Dyed-Eyes"
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 4th scenario, "A friendly competition" the claiming of Clovers is worded differently: "adds 1 clover to their stash" vs "they take that card from the field into their possession"

Do the cards not get picked up in this scenario? (And thus the need for a Kingdom Treasurer)

I just thought that might need spelled out a little more clearly. Looks like fun, I am going to give some of these a try with our kids group.

Michael;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I worded it that way because technically you are tracking "clover points" for every pip covered instead of claiming the cards themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.