Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cant you just make terrian?
I mean buy some color paper and cut out some forest, rivers, lakes, or mountains?
Why buy the terrian pack at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can make terrain, but the pack looks really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, basically. The terrain pack includes a ton of stuff, for a relatively cheap price. And while I've used colored paper terrain before (hello, Mechwarrior!), I don't mind having some nice artwork on the paper.

(Edit: I just noticed that you're asking about buying into the game in another thread. I would probably buy another starter or expansion before I bought the terrain pack, unless I was pretty sure I had all the armies I wanted already. While artwork is nice, it isn't necessary. And I've played a great many games with no terrain on the battlefield, for that matter.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
The terrain pack offered by YMG is printed on the same cardstock with the cards of the game. That means that it has a special varnish on top of the paper that allows it to be marked with a dry erased marker and then be wiped clean. This way you can mark objectives and other stuff on it instead of using markers or tokens, just like you do on the card of the game.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
YMG's Terrain Pack is an exceptional product and, frankly, I'm amazed that it hasn't received wider acclaim for its use beyond Battleground. Yes, you can make your own terrain and if you plan to use buildings, ruins or fortifications it's your only choice but for everything else it is outstanding. When combined with the battlefield generator cards from the Kingdom's campaign set it becomes even better. Great product and HIGHLY recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slight correction -- the terrain pack and its finish are slightly different than on the cards themselves. It's actually the same physical product as a popular role-playing aid, used for drawing dungeon maps during gameplay.

As for acclaim outside of Battleground, my estimate is that at least 50% of our terrain sales are for non-Battleground users. Mini's gamers and RPGers have both used it.

You definitely don't need it -- we designed Battleground and published multiple armies before we came out with the Terrain Pack. Of course, if you're playing a mini's game you don't need to buy terrain, either. It just looks better. The other handy thing about the pack is that our scenarios (whether in the Scenario Book, one of our historical releases or generated from Kingdoms) all use the specific pieces in the pack so it makes using those easier -- but, again, absolutely not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.