Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how the add-ins in this game will be bundled? I refrained from adding on to Myth because I didn't want to grab an add on or two which would be bundled with something else later and have to buy the same thing twice.

Between this and the whole mine cart thing I've convinced myself not to back and just wait for retail but I'm wavering.

Edit - also are any of the stretch goals going to be included in the retail game? Stuff like te Serpentmen and Prospector?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had no word, although FFP when they were responding about EU shipping talked about the Core Sets and add-ons separately (as in, they didn't think they could get the add-ons shipped from in the EU, but maybe the Core Sets).

As far as I am aware, most stretch goals in KS are KS-only. Occasionally some might end up officially for sale, but I think it is doubtful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, only one item has been labeled "KS exclusive", so deductive reasoning tells that the rest are not.

I'm with you on the add-ons. On the surface, the Outlaw pledge looks like a good deal (look at all this free stuff we're getting, yay!), but you'll end up buying twice to complete. For example, Scafford's gang is a free stretch goal, but not Scafford himself or the gang heavies. Common sense says that all of these will be sold later as a single bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the Outlaw level, the add-ons can be purchased during the KS, at the less-than-retail price. Is that really 'buying twice'?

As far as I can tell, the gang can be used without the Boss or the Heavies. The gang members can be a random monster attack/encounter. The Boss/Heavies are not required to use the regular gang members in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
dvang wrote:
At the Outlaw level, the add-ons can be purchased during the KS, at the less-than-retail price. Is that really 'buying twice'?

I hear what you are saying, but I think what the OP is getting at (if I'm not mistaken) is that he would like to go with the lowest barrier-to-entry (Outlaw) and then go the wait-and-see route: if it's a good game, he'll be in for the expansion material later, but doesn't want the full financial commitment up front. And I'm right there with him.

By not including "full" expansions for the stretch goals, the wait-and-see smart consumer approach is short-changed. Anybody who goes Outlaw without any add-ons, then wants expansion material down the road, will end up with a lot of duplicates, meaning that the stretch goals in the KS didn't net much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's kind of what I'm getting at. My issue is that we don't know what add-ons and stretch goals will be bundled together. For instance, if you buy the gang heavies but not the boss, to get the boss later you may have to buy an expansion that includes the heavies and gang members, meaning your paying twice for the heavies.

What could be worse is that they could bundle the gang with some new scenarios or a new unreleased class and even if you bought the entire gang you will have to rebuy them to get the scenarios or hero.

Imagine when you bought Dominion if you could have paid extra for Fishing Village, Saboteur, and Alchemist with potions. When the full expansion comes out you're stuck rebuying what you already own. It's why I wish they would plan out how they are releasing this stuff later and let us know now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent them a link on the KS to this thread, hopefully they address it. I too share the same concerns. A little roadmap would be really helpful in planning which add-ons to add.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind I don't work for FFP and this is a new type of product for them, but here's my guess. The heroes will almost certainly be offered in one or two Hero Packs. Things like Caverns of Cynder and the Vampire Mission pack will likely be their own packs. All the monsters in the stretch rewards so far can be used by themselves just fine, while the Leaders contain their own cards and missions. I'm thinking retail will see a monster pack with all the monsters from the stretch goals, with the Leader and Heavies available in their own bundle (each can work without the others, after all). But I'm just spitballing.

Regardless, even if you did end up with all the Stretch Goals and ended up needing to buy the Stafford Gang set again, you'd still have a bunch of extra monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
Keep in mind I don't work for FFP and this is a new type of product for them, but here's my guess. The heroes will almost certainly be offered in one or two Hero Packs. Things like Caverns of Cynder and the Vampire Mission pack will likely be their own packs. All the monsters in the stretch rewards so far can be used by themselves just fine, while the Leaders contain their own cards and missions. I'm thinking retail will see a monster pack with all the monsters from the stretch goals, with the Leader and Heavies available in their own bundle (each can work without the others, after all). But I'm just spitballing.

Regardless, even if you did end up with all the Stretch Goals and ended up needing to buy the Stafford Gang set again, you'd still have a bunch of extra monsters.

From what I understand packaging everything separate like that makes for more overhead, more money spent on packaging, and aggravates retailers as they now have to worry about multiple SKUs. So not sure how likely that is.

My guess is that they haven't decided yet how all of this will be packaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
posted in comments on KS

we have nt settled on how everything will be packaged for retail yet (it is a bit early), but the intent is to have things sold more or less as they appear on the Kickstarter. It may be some time though before everything makes it to the retail space though. Also, right now only the Outlaw Hero Class is exclusive

As for storage, as we add more and more stuff, it will be less likely that you will be able to fit it all in the box (though the boxes are decent sized, especially if you have both of them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So when this campaign is done, they're going to have about 50 different products for this game? That's...crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
charlest wrote:
So when this campaign is done, they're going to have about 50 different products for this game? That's...crazy.

That's just a slightly different acronym: FFG!

For example Runebound, any of their LCG, Descent, Anima Tactics. It's just a somewhat different model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.