Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Burgin
United Kingdom
Kempston Hardwick
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m a very keen (my partner might say ‘obsessed’) board game player, hence logging this on the geek.

Although our established friends do enjoy playing games on occasion, when thrown into the mix with other social engagements with them, opportunities tend to be few and far between. So it tends to be me & my partner only who play on a regular basis. Although this is generally fine with me, it does tend to limit some of the games we can choose; I have a few ‘minimum 3 players required’ in the collection that seldom get aired & also would enjoy trying some games with more players.

I don’t know that I’m really up for a big games group session (as I know there are a few around), but am instead hoping to find someone in the area, or a couple, that would be up for maybe a weekly gaming night.

I only have a couple of stipulations:

1. I enjoy playing games for the enjoyment of playing. Winning is nice but shouldn’t be the sole reason for playing a game.
2. A respect for board games. It might be seen as, how can I put it, a bit ‘anal’, but I like to keep my board games in as nice a condition as I can … without being clinical. I think I must have been traumatised at an early age by witnessing gaming money and cards being grabbed, crushed, and scrunched during playing & have never recovered!

We tend to range from light to medium weight games, the likes of which, and current favourites also, can be seen on my profile.

Other than that, we’re nice friendly people. Clean, tidy, and fully house-trained!

If anyone is interested, please contact me via the private messaging. Hopefully we can enjoy some games & make some good ‘gamer’ friends!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rew B Slippers wrote:
I don’t know that I’m really up for a big games group session (as I know there are a few around)

Interesting how your description of yourself matches me almost to a tee, including the bit above (not to mention the 'anal' bit).

I did reconsider when Richard who hosts the Milton Keynes Games Day (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/105792) invited me to their other (Aylesbury) sessions though and I'm really glad I did. Maybe MK would be worth a visit this Saturday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rew B Slippers wrote:
I don’t know that I’m really up for a big games group session

I note the above, but if you wanted to give Milton Keynes a try you'd be more than welcome. You don't have to bring any of your games if you're happy to try what others provide - there's usually a good selection on offer.

We're a mixed crowd, all ages, both sexes, and all are friendly. If you want to bring your own games then people are careful. I've been taking my games to pubs, halls, schools and other peoples houses for the past three years and have only lost one piece (and that was my brothers fault angry )

If you want more info get in touch,

Richard (who currently has more gaming opportunities than he can take thanks to the wonder that is BGG )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy,

If you're mid-Bedfordshire (I grew up around the Ampthill area), you might want to give ColdFinger a shout. If I recall correctly, he was looking at setting up a club in Shefford?

Actually just found the post from a couple of weeks back: Monday nights in Shefford: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/104068

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems snooze_uk spotted this post before I did thanks,

Yep if you're in Bedfordshire and reasonably close to Shefford, please consider our club, we meet on Monday (although not every one) evenings just outside Shefford. We're getting between one and two tables at the moment, and this Monday games played (for reference) were 6 Nimmt, Alhambra, TransAmerica, Metro, Show Manager, Antike and St Petersburg.

If you are interested in hearing more drop me a pm and I'll get my wife to add you to our mailing list cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Hertfordshire, nr Hemel Hempstead. I am a student at Durham University so not around in term time, but I will graduate this summer and then I should be in the area more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burgin
United Kingdom
Kempston Hardwick
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, for all the comments. It's good to know you're out there.

Sorry for the delay in replying, have been having trouble getting on to the geek lately.

I think I'll be considering the game group avenue following your encouraging words. Maybe see some of you there!
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie King
United Kingdom
Abbotts Ann
Hants
flag msg tools
There's a surprising number of us around here (I'm in Flitwick) but I'm in the same situation as Richard at the moment, trying to fit in the game opportunities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.