Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I wasn't sure where to post this as it's not WoG related, but I thought players of this game would appreciate the info anyway.

Damon Slye has reacquired the rights to Red Baron and is attempting to relaunch it via Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madottergames/red-baron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Why would I kickstart that when Rise of Flight already exists and is the gold standard for WW1 aviation at this point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You expect to sell this other game by spamming another? That is what you have done. It's not really ethical either.

Do you go into McDonald's to sell Burger King products? Would you as a customer then rush on off to the other place??? I don't think so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Loveless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am interested. Thanks for the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelwmcfall wrote:
You expect to sell this other game by spamming another? That is what you have done. It's not really ethical either.

Do you go into McDonald's to sell Burger King products? Would you as a customer then rush on off to the other place??? I don't think so...

Yikes! Do a little homework first before going on the attack.

It's a computer 3d flight sim game. It has almost zero correlation with Wings of Glory except for subject matter. The only harm mentioning this game here would be in the rare case someone who was cash strapped and bought this computer flight sim over a Wings of Glory board game product.

He's just a fellow gamer fan and I too appreciate seeing the mention since I loved that game and I'm curious to see how it stacks up to the other one mentioned here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelwmcfall wrote:

Well while your watching my little pony in the morning. They will try real hard to sell you Barbie and strawberry shortcake in the ads. So yeah it's called targeted marketing.

I'm just disappointed that its not WOG related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Labelle
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This probably should have been posted under video games, but I am glad to know about it. I spent many an hour (day, week, ok, years) playing Red Baron. I will gladly climb back into the cockpit when it's released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes" I know all about Red Baron. I happen to own two versions of the game.

"Yes", it is a good computer game.

"Yes" Barbie gets advertised with Little Pony and all that. The big difference is: Targeted advertising is paid for it's not free.

If you allow anyone to advertise another game on this space just because he could find a better spot for it... That's like parking on another mans reserved parking spot (like at an apartment space). It's downright inconsiderate.

I happen to like Red Baron 3D, I just don't like it here. I come "here" to read about Wings of Glory or Wings of War.

Find the appropriate spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelwmcfall wrote:
"Yes" I know all about Red Baron. I happen to own two versions of the game.

"Yes", it is a good computer game.

"Yes" Barbie gets advertised with Little Pony and all that. The big difference is: Targeted advertising is paid for it's not free.

If you allow anyone to advertise another game on this space just because he could find a better spot for it... That's like parking on another mans reserved parking spot (like at an apartment space). It's downright inconsiderate.

I happen to like Red Baron 3D, I just don't like it here. I come "here" to read about Wings of Glory or Wings of War.

Find the appropriate spot.

thumbsup...agreed...and I too like Red Baron 3D....though don't play it much anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.