Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mixed Teams of Rebels and Empire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Woodrup
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Does anyone ever play teams comprised of both Rebels and Empire ships in friendlies? I play just with my son and we have a bunch of ships and were talking about it mixing things up. Obviously in friendlies you can do whatever you like, but I don't see this option discussed anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have from time to time. One of my friend loves taking the Firespray with X-Wings, so in those games it's a free for all. The game still plays quite well.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Diehl
United States
Junction City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
The eerie war chant emanating from the morning fog set chills down every spine. "Lah, lah, la lah, lah, lah."
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember there being times in the X-wing book series where someone would fly a TIE Intercepter with some X-wings so its even canon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that it would be fun to make a smugglers and bounty hunters faction. You could use Firesprays, YT-1300, some HWK-290s and Headhunters (if they come out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JackW wrote:
Does anyone ever play teams comprised of both Rebels and Empire ships in friendlies? I play just with my son and we have a bunch of ships and were talking about it mixing things up. Obviously in friendlies you can do whatever you like, but I don't see this option discussed anywhere.

Yes:

odd-player free-for-alls
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/949914/anyone-tried-flying-m...
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11213064#11213064

"Pirate" rules:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1004069/the-hothies-ugly-tou...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1037733/why-no-imperialrebel...

P.S. Repeat after me: "The search function is my friend."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Woodrup
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thanks Jeff, I did do a search but I guess I used the wrong sort of wording. I shall have to familiarize myself with the correct X-wing jargon (I have the X-wing wiki bookmarked so look up PTL, APT etc now, as well as quick refernce the pilots etc).

I never realized how much strategy there was to this game. Lots apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
P.S. Repeat after me: "The search function is my friend."

While I do understand (sorta) the frustration with eternally-repeated topics, try to keep in mind that what is a repetition to you is likely brand-new to many other folks.

So by asking his question -- instead of just using the search function -- and getting a response -- by means of your links -- the OP was probably seen and appreciated by people that would otherwise not have even known they were interested in seeing those links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Woodrup
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I certainly appreciated you posting the links Jeff. I have been reading the threads now and taking note of a few of the general rules people play in these pirate games - New term to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Papasmerv wrote:
I seem to remember there being times in the X-wing book series where someone would fly a TIE Intercepter with some X-wings so its even canon

X-Wing books aren't canon...ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The Jakster wrote:
Papasmerv wrote:

Yes, they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
The Jakster wrote:
Papasmerv wrote:

Yes, they are.

When you have to rate canon into different categories, you are violating the concept. That´s what I call BS, business people might call it marketing, I guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd take X-Wing book canon over G-money's canon any day of the week. But that's just me. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s not about preference, it´s about origin.
It´s like having cow milk and goat milk and then saying:"Goat milk is now cow milk too, just another grade of cow milk."
It´s not, it never will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Brimstone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stay on target topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The Jakster wrote:
It´s like having cow milk and goat milk and then saying:"Goat milk is now cow milk too, just another grade of cow milk."

No. It's as if you said "goats can't give milk", and then when called on it, said that only cow's milk counts.

If you, personally, define canon as "movies only", then of course the EU isn't canon. But that's not how Lucasfilm defines it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
The Jakster wrote:

No. It's as if you said "goats can't give milk", and then when called on it, said that only cow's milk counts.

If you, personally, define canon as "movies only", then of course the EU isn't canon. But that's not how Lucasfilm defines it.

Canon doesn´t work that way.
You either give a damn about the concept, which is fine or you care about it.
But if you do, you will realize that canon can never change, something is either canon or not,and if it once was not, it never will be, period.
It´s not a Lucasfilm thing, canon is a larger concept, Lucasfilm can´t change it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.