Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Re-Enable Action Allowed as a free action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal Bernesky
msg tools
I could not find the answer to this in an existing thread or the FAQ/rulebook.

Martok's free action that he grants, could it be used to re-enable a card?

And as a follow up question, a previous rule question thread stated that a ship cannot take the same action twice in one round. Does that prevent a ship from potentially re-enabling 2 cards in one round with Martok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sammysamsam wrote:

And as a follow up question, a previous rule question thread stated that a ship cannot take the same action twice in one round. Does that prevent a ship from potentially re-enabling 2 cards in one round with Martok?

1) Yes, the free action that Martok grants can be used to remove the disable token from any card. "Enabling" is an action like any other.

2) I believe that's allowed too. Can't remove 2 disabled tokens from the same card, but removing from different cards is allowed. I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sammysamsam wrote:

Martok's free action is just that, a generic action that can be used for anything that requires an action.

As for the second question, I could see that going either way... You're not taking the same Action twice, but you are twice using an action in the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sammysamsam wrote:

Depends on what kind of free action is allowed. With Martok there are no extra limitations, with Picard there are......so in the case of Martok, yes you could use the action to remove a disable token (provided you haven't done that action already, of course)

Quote:

I believe so, yes. While you're probably removing a different disable token on a different upgrade/card you're still doing the same action of 'removing a disable token'.

That'd be my take on it. But I'm not sure we've heard on that one yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-enabling an Upgrade is a type of Action, so you can't do it twice on the same ship during the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Bernesky
msg tools
But what about re-enabling two cards on the same ship on the same round?

And to clarify your original response, you mean that you can't use two action cards on the same ship during the same round if they both require you to disable them? Is the same true for cards that require a discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I mistyped. I meant "re-enabling". I edited above.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
Re-enabling an Upgrade is a type of Action, so you can't do it twice on the same ship during the same turn.

So we can only remove 1 disable token total from any card on the ship per turn. Okay, I get that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Bernesky
msg tools
Yeah, very good to know. Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.