Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Porter
United Kingdom
Darlington
Durham
flag msg tools
mb
If you have a Warp Core Breach, choose the action to stop rolling dice and only move one can you still sensor echo if a Romulan or Klingon? And if you can then can you use it to move 2 sideways?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Shirley
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I would say yes you can sensor echo 2, warp core restricts your movements to 1. Sensor echo is an action, not a movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Porter
United Kingdom
Darlington
Durham
flag msg tools
mb
I kinda agree but we weren't sure. So we played it that the Romulan player could Sensor Echo 1. But on thinking about it then there is nothing on the damage card or under Sensor Echo in the rulebook that states it cn't be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, a Sensor Echo isn't a move so much as a "You thought I was here, but I was really over there the whole time" ability. While the mechanic is the same as X-Wing's barrel roll, a Sensor Echo is definitely not the ship doing a barrel roll to a new position.

Okay, maybe it's an actual barrel roll for the Defiant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Acker
China
Suzhou
Jiangsu
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related:

Can you Engage with any green maneuver? That is, does the restriction only apply to laying down your dial, or to all action-based movement as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
pigasuspig wrote:
Related:

Can you Engage with any green maneuver? That is, does the restriction only apply to laying down your dial, or to all action-based movement as well?

As per the rulebook, page 18:

If one card ability forbids an effect, while another ability allows it, the effect is forbidden.

So in this case Engage would not allow you to choose a maneuver faster than 1 after you have ejected your core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.