Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P Johnson
United States
Orinda
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of these are covered elsewhere but I have not seen definitive answers. And if I am asking something that has already been covered in detail, I apologize.

1. Combat dice
1a. Do ranged weapons that score knockback get to apply that to enemies in adjoining rooms? How about a location 2 rooms distant with the range requirement met?
No? The rules say "pushing it out of the survivor's room - implying target must be in room
1b. How does retreat work with RW and an adjoining room? - does it allow a character in the room being attacked get to retreat? (I'm assuming the shooter can't 'retreat'.)

1c. Do knockbacks have to be used as long as it is possible?
Yes
1d. Confirming that a retreat result is always optional.
Yes, it's optional
2. Can a reinforcement roll move enemies off rooms with characters? In other words, if two adjacent rooms each have characters and enemies, does a reinforcement rolled in room 1 pull the enemies from room 2?
answered in FAQ: no they cannot

3. Just to clarify: APs not used may not be used after Creature/Zombie attacks, for example to return to the room after a Fear result?
Correct

4. Do zombie tokens in burning rooms remain inverted and the horde unharmed as long as it is not in LOS?
Yes

5. Are there times in the turn sequence when equipment cards may NOT be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tunicate wrote:
Some of these are covered elsewhere but I have not seen definitive answers. And if I am asking something that has already been covered in detail, I apologize.

1. Combat dice
1a. Do ranged weapons that score knockback get to apply that to enemies in adjoining rooms? How about a location 2 rooms distant with the range requirement met?
1b. How does retreat work with RW and an adjoining room? - does it allow a character in the room being attacked get to retreat? (I'm assuming the shooter can't 'retreat'.)

2. Can a reinforcement roll move enemies off rooms with characters? In other words, if two adjacent rooms each have characters and enemies, does a reinforcement rolled in room 1 pull the enemies from room 2?

3. Just to clarify: APs not used may not be used after Creature/Zombie attacks, for example to return to the room after a Fear result?

4. Do zombie tokens in burning rooms remain inverted and the horde unharmed as long as it is not in LOS?

5. Are there times in the turn sequence when equipment cards may NOT be played?

2. No, they can't move away from survivors.

The others I'd be speculating on. I'm pretty sure 3 you're correct and 4 the zombies are revealed b/c the number that die are dependent on the # of burn tokens. 5 I'm interested in b/c of the flare gun.

[edit] speculating again. 1. I've been playing that ranged cause knockback no matter what and they have to be used. And retreats can be used by any survivor on the tile except entrapped ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a new question:

rulebook says:

"In a round, the survivors are allowed to spend AP on a function once in each corner room (meaning there’s a
maximum of 4 corner room functions at a total possible cost of 8AP allowed per round)."

Does this mean that yellow survivor heals in a corner room, white survivor can't also heal in this room in the same round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually David answered #4 in another thread and yes, the token stays and burns do nothing until you get LOS on it and convert to figures. The token does get removed if the room is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Williams
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mb
Tunicate wrote:

1. Combat dice

1c. The rules don't say "may" for knock backs so we interpreted that as knock backs must be played.

1d. Retreats are optional. The rules state "may" retreat.

3. Correct. APs have to be spent in the survivor action phase. Once the creature/zombie phase begins the players don't get to spend any more APs until the next round.

Not sure about the others though there may be answers to these in another thread and I'd like to know the answer to 4 as we've had this debate also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thomasser
United States
Bowmansville
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tunicate wrote:

1. Combat dice

For #1a the rules state: This icon pushes an opponent away from the attacking survivor in a straight line, pushing it out of the
survivor’s room to an adjacent accessible room.

So to me, knockback applies to opponents in the same room only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
Actually David answered #4 in another thread and yes, the token stays and burns do nothing until you get LOS on it and convert to figures. The token does get removed if the room is destroyed.

I found the thread with the answer to #4. Here's the pertinent part:

ausloosd wrote:
nimmzwei wrote:

Q: What happens, if a room with a zombie token catches fire? We just put a black cube on it every time the fire spread. After the 6th cube we removed the token considering all zs burned.

Q2) Unless converted the token stays put, until it is either converted or a 3rd [burn] token is placed in the room, that removes the token (as stated in the rules). So part of the whole tactics is that it can be interesting for a team to establish line of sight, so that a horde appears instead of the token, with the burn marker removing some of these undead each turn. Of course, this means moving closer to the danger...so it is of course up to the team if they dare to take the risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Johnson
United States
Orinda
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! I'm posting answers in the original post, for clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:
I got a new question:

rulebook says:

"In a round, the survivors are allowed to spend AP on a function once in each corner room (meaning there’s a
maximum of 4 corner room functions at a total possible cost of 8AP allowed per round)."

Does this mean that yellow survivor heals in a corner room, white survivor can't also heal in this room in the same round?

That's correct. The white character could not use the corner room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

From Page 13 FEAR NOTE: IF possible, the players should select a player who still has sufficient action points left in order to join the group again.

That is sort of contrary to not being able to use action points at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Johnson
United States
Orinda
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:

From Page 13 FEAR NOTE: IF possible, the players should select a player who still has sufficient action points left in order to join the group again.

I think this means to select a character who will have APs in the next round. However it is why I asked the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tunicate wrote:
tal342 wrote:

I think this means to select a character who will have APs in the next round. However it is why I asked the question.

Yes, but the Note further on talks about "Remember, it is not until the next round's ..." Seeming to point out that you want to rejoin before the next round to avoid having a split in the group. Besides, everyone still alive will have at least one action point next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
Tunicate wrote:
tal342 wrote:

Yes, but the Note further on talks about "Remember, it is not until the next round's ..." Seeming to point out that you want to rejoin before the next round to avoid having a split in the group. Besides, everyone still alive will have at least one action point next round.

Unless you're in the end game, maybe. Perhaps that's what it was referring to.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:
tal342 wrote:
Tunicate wrote:
tal342 wrote:

Unless you're in the end game, maybe. Perhaps that's what it was referring to.
-ryanjamal

That can't be since there are no groups in the end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.