Subject: Some questions after the first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Esa Harjulampi
Finland
Joensuu
Itä-Suomi
flag msg tools
I played my first game today with my girlfriend. A couple of questions about the rules:

1) Vampires cannot be killed by any means? Does this also mean that if you have vampires, your main agent cannot be killed?

2) If 1 is true, then if another player has vampires and I use double-agent to take one vampire, then my main agent cannot be killed?

3) Claiming a city doesn't give you influence to that city? So another player can claim that city by using only one cube?

4) You can't have more than 15 control discs?

5) If war/revolution track raises to 2 VP, every player becomes "known to the authorities"?

6) If I try to assasinate royalty or agent and someone reveals double-agent, do I lose my action and discard those cards that I used for bombs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answering to the best of my knowledge.

1) You can sacrifice your own vampire agents to Yog-Sothoth, that appears to be the only way to kill a vampire. You must actually use the Vampire card to convert your main agent token to a vampire, then it cannot be killed by opponents.

2) A vampire agent can be a double-agent, but does not give you the ability to create other vampire agents (you need the Vampire card for that). Your vampire double-agent can assassinate other agents and royalty.

3) Yes, another player could steal the city from you with a single influence cube if you don't do anything about it.

4) It's not explicitly stated in the rules, but I don't think there's a hard limit on control discs as there are on influence cubes (I think they're just there to mark you control them, they're not currency like the cubes). I think if you managed to control that much stuff, I'd probably just use an unused player color's discs as well.

5) Yes, every player becomes known to the authorities if either of those tracks get to the 2 VP mark.

6) My guess would be yes, I'd consider that action and cards spent. Can't find a definitive answer in the rules. That's typically how "interrupts" work in other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyght wrote:
Answering to the best of my knowledge.

1) You can sacrifice your own vampire agents to Yog-Sothoth, that appears to be the only way to kill a vampire. You must actually use the Vampire card to convert your main agent token to a vampire, then it cannot be killed by opponents.

I agree with everything you say, but in this one I thing he was asking if his main agent can't be killed when he controls any vampires because all the other agents have to be killed before the main agent. And I think the answer is yes - if you control at least one vampire, than your main agent cannot be killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valarus wrote:

I agree with everything you say, but in this one I thing he was asking if his main agent can't be killed when he controls any vampires because all the other agents have to be killed before the main agent. And I think the answer is yes - if you control at least one vampire, than your main agent cannot be killed.

Ah, yeah, I see what you mean. Yes, that would appear to be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1. The only situation where a vampire can die is if the vampire is your main agent and you draw 3 'mad' Sanity counters AND you are a restorationist!

2. Yes, in this situation your main agent is safe.

3. Controlling a city give you no influence in that city, so another player can take control of it with a single influence cube, depending on the situation.

4. Control discs are limiting.If you run out you cannot place any more.

5.Yes.

6. Yes. Treat the action in the same way as if you had succeeded, except you do not place a control disc in the VP space for the royal 'person'.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't vampires effectively die when Society of Leopold is claimed?

Edited to add: Does Martin's answer mean Vampires can't be sacrificed to Yog?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:
Don't vampires effectively die when Society of Leopold is claimed?

Edited to add: Does Martin's answer mean Vampires can't be sacrificed to Yog?

We couldn't find anything in the rules to say Vampires could or could not be sacrificed to Yog-Sothoth, so we allowed it. Regarding Martin's comment, as it stands it doesn't necessarily prohibit the voluntary sacrifice of Vampire agents. After all, becoming one with that particular Outer God doesn't necessarily mean the agent "dies"... goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
My recollection is Vampires cannot be Assassinated but nothing prevents their destruction. Is this correct? This would mean they can die to:

1. Cthulhu
2. Society of Leopold
3. Sacrifice to Yog-Sothoth
4. A Shoggoth

The fourth one is the one that is most important to clarify, as it's the most common and the most unclear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have my rules in front, but I believe you are correct. Vampires cannot be assassinated, but it says nothing about being destroyed, so have at it. Would a vamp give a Shoggoth indigestion?

Edit: eh, wrong. See thread linked below. Shoggoth requires that they are eligible for assassination, which vampires are not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Broz
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoggoth can't kil vampires.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1063728/shoggoth-and-vampire...

No info on Cthulhu, but I play it as if vampires can die to it.
It's supposed to be a bucking great deamon thingy, don't think a vamp would really survive that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.