Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do. I played the base z1 about 3 times and moving the level markers already shows damage to the cards.

Well no more. I've downloaded all the cards from their site and print then laminate. Now I just use a thin white board pen to mark off the levels and chosen perks.

Recommend the effort if you can do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
I do. I played the base z1 about 3 times and moving the level markers already shows damage to the cards.

Well no more. I've downloaded all the cards from their site and print then laminate. Now I just use a thin white board pen to mark off the levels and chosen perks.

Recommend the effort if you can do it.

A nice idea. Though, do you plan on selling the character dashboards? Otherwise you could just laminate the cards themselves. Skip the printing step.

I will say though the new clips are better. They're not as tight against the cards as the old ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be doing this, except I'll scan and then print them.

As for why not just laminate the originals?

Because I want to keep them pristine.

Don't ask me why, I just do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use this method. It is a lot easier, and helps custom character cards blend in.

On a related note,; it would help tremendously if someone would upload high res. images of the promo survivors dashboards so that I can print out and laminate cards. Then they will be ready to go whenever CMON decides to ship me my stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The images from GG website print out more vibrant colors...
Scans give more detail but are darker and muddier.

Hopefully you will get better results than me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh I one of the 'must keep originals perfect' kind. I don't really kind playing on sub quality versions and am happy with the images from the main site. Bit if high res ones were about is redo them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The images from GG website print out more vibrant colors...
Scans give more detail but are darker and muddier.

Hopefully you will get better results than me!

Actually my HP Deskjet F4280 set to do a 'Plain A4' copy works just fine for me.

Colour and resolution both more than good enough.

It leaves a small white border, and so doesn't copy right to edges of the card, but all the important stuff is there, and if I flip the cards over and run the sheet through again both sides line up perfectly.

I also tried the printer's 'Photo A4' mode, but that got scaled up and was muddy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just slid mine into a standard non glare page protector and then trimmed them flush. My markers now slide on the page protector and not the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:
I just slid mine into a standard non glare page protector and then trimmed them flush. My markers now slide on the page protector and not the card.

I like this idea.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
The originals are card, and lamination works slightly better on paper (another reason not to laminate the originals). However, once laminated, the sliders work fine with little or no deterioration.

Some of our players don't use the sliders because when you are using them you mess up the equipment cards on the character sheets, so we use little dice to mark them. Blue is 6 so 1 die, yellow is 2 dice, orange is 4 dice. It's almost as if they designed them for dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Some of our players don't use the sliders because when you are using them you mess up the equipment cards on the character sheets, so we use little dice to mark them. Blue is 6 so 1 die, yellow is 2 dice, orange is 4 dice. It's almost as if they designed them for dice!

If my 5-part scenario ever gets picked for the Kyoko competition you'll see I noticed that and used it as a way of randomising the starting XP of the Survivors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

If my 5-part scenario ever gets picked for the Kyoko competition you'll see I noticed that and used it as a way of randomising the starting XP of the Survivors.

If your 5-part scenario doesn't get picked, any chance of sharing it with us anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend against laminating the cardbaord dashboards. I did this to my original base game ones and they warp slightly because of the heat. Perhaps with a better quality laminater they wouldn't do this but it's much better to laminate paper. Now that I've got the new dashboards for the original survivors from TCM I've thrown away my original laminates!

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Stephanie Baynes wrote:

Is this new?! I don't remember it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

If your 5-part scenario doesn't get picked, any chance of sharing it with us anyway?

Sadly, no. GG don't tell you whether your entry has been rejected or not, they say that entries remain eligible to be picked, and when we, over at ZombiesDash.com, asked about whether it was ok for people to post their Kyoko entries on the website, they said "No" (which I suspect means that if GG find you've published your entry elsewhere, it won't get picked).

So the only other people to have seen it other than me and GG are a few select play testers.

I have been thinking of expanding on the basic idea in the scenario (it being split across 5 parts), and, if I do that, then I will make the results more widely available.

jonahmaul wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Stephanie Baynes wrote:

laugh

You remember my scenario better than I!

I just checked the version I sent, and you're right, it didn't make the final cut.

The basic idea I was playing with was that you could play the missions separately and not have to remember/record the Survivors' XPs - instead you'd generate a random starting XP for each survivor, rather than just saying "start in yellow", or so on.

I did have it in earlier versions of the scenario, and I think I dropped it because it was just complicated and unnecessary - the whole idea was to play the missions through one after the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

jonahmaul wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Stephanie Baynes wrote:

laugh

You remember my scenario better than I!

I just checked the version I sent, and you're right, it didn't make the final cut.

The basic idea I was playing with was that you could play the missions separately and not have to remember/record the Survivors' XPs - instead you'd generate a random starting XP for each survivor, rather than just saying "start in yellow", or so on.

I did have it in earlier versions of the scenario, and I think I dropped it because it was just complicated and unnecessary - the whole idea was to play the missions through one after the other.

I didn't think it sounded familiar! Sucks about not being able to publish it elsewhere. You would have thought that GG say that they'll hold onto the scenarios for 'X' period of time, and if you're not selected by that point you are free to do as you choose with it.

I really hope it gets picked. I was one of the playtesters fortunate enough to play Scott's scenario and it was mega fun, and a country mile better than the only official scenario we currently have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a good look at the sliders and decided not to use them back when I first received my season 1 kickstarter stuff. I decided to use (and have always used) one skill tracker to mark survivor's kill count.

Needless to say the kill marker arrow doesn't scratch or ruin the dashboards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.