El Palíndromo
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I play my weapon and a spell on a combat check? I know the rules say that you can only play one card-type per encounter, it just seems like a bit much.

Example: I encounter a monster and I play my Dagger +1 (reveal to roll your Dex die + 1d4 + 1) plus Inflict (discard this card to roll your Divine die + 1d6 with the magic trait).

Am I able to roll dice for each of these cards or can I only choose one?

I want to be 100% sure.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
ciidiic wrote:
Can I play my weapon and a spell on a combat check? I know the rules say that you can only play one card-type per encounter, it just seems like a bit much.

Example: I encounter a monster and I play my Dagger +1 (reveal to roll your Dex die + 1d4 + 1) plus Inflict (discard this card to roll your Divine die + 1d6 with the magic trait).

Am I able to roll dice for each of these cards or can I only choose one?

I want to be 100% sure.
Thanks!

You can only play one or the other because of the rule about "changing the skill you use to make a check".

So, either your combat check comes from the dagger or the Inflict spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play both a spell and a weapon, but the examples you give would not work as they both determine which die to roll for combat, and you can only do this once: so you can choose to play your dagger which would mean that rather than strength/melee you roll your dexterity die (+...) or you can choose to play inflict which replaces strength/melee with a roll of your divine die (+...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
However a spell such as strength can be played. or the ever elusiveshake fire sneeze
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Palíndromo
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys very much.

And in Lini's case, she cannot stack her power (you may discard a card to roll d10 instead of your Str or Dex die for any check) with Inflict to add another d10 + 1d6 w/ magic trait to her check. She either needs to use her power or her spell, correct?

Trying to prove some people wrong who say otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ciidiic wrote:
Thank you guys very much.

And in Lini's case, she cannot stack her power (you may discard a card to roll d10 instead of your Str or Dex die for any check) with Inflict to add another d10 + 1d6 w/ magic trait to her check. She either needs to use her power or her spell, correct?

Trying to prove some people wrong who say otherwise.
I'd say that's correct, since inflict prevents it from still being a Str or Dex check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Nekvasil
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Generally, you can use spell and power during one combat check unless stated otherwise (e.g. Seoni's power which states that it counts as playing spell). But in this case you can use Lini's power only if you are supposed to roll your dexterity or strenght skill. With Inflict you use your Divine die so you can not use Lini's power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.