Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say there may never be more than 2 in a hex, and never more than 1 in forest/mountains. But the description of how to calculate the increase in company income implies that there could be a third or more companies in a city hex with the paragraph:

If a second track cube is placed in a city, increase the income of the company that owns the new track by the shared value of the city. In addition, the company that already had a track cube there now only receives the shared value of the city; reduce the company's income by the difference between the full and shared values of the city. If more track cubes are placed in the city, increase the income of the companies that own them by the shared value of the city.

Are city hexes limited to 2 track cubes like open terrain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
i7dealer wrote:
The rules say there may never be more than 2 in a hex, and never more than 1 in forest/mountains. But the description of how to calculate the increase in company income implies that there could be a third or more companies in a city hex with the paragraph:

If a second track cube is placed in a city, increase the income of the company that owns the new track by the shared value of the city. In addition, the company that already had a track cube there now only receives the shared value of the city; reduce the company's income by the difference between the full and shared values of the city. If more track cubes are placed in the city, increase the income of the companies that own them by the shared value of the city.

The rules state:

"Note: A hex may never contain two or more cubes of the same color, and a forest or mountain hex may never hold more than one cube."

Both plains and cities can hold up to 7 cubes -- one of each company and one development cube/house.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
It does, I don't know why I missed that. I played the game a long time ago and it is making a reappearance at a game convention next month. So I'm re-reading the rules now to refresh. I thought it was unlimited in the clear, but thought maybe you tweaked it for the reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Puresand
Finland
flag msg tools
GamesOnTheBrain wrote:
i7dealer wrote:

The rules state:

"Note: A hex may never contain two or more cubes of the same color, and a forest or mountain hex may never hold more than one cube."

Both plains and cities can hold up to 7 cubes -- one of each company and one development cube/house.

Hope that helps!

The rules don't seem to state clearly that you couldn't build more than one development cube per city. But I assume that you can build only one development cube per city, is this correct? Also, is it correct that you can only build development cubes only in cities, and not in plains?

Looking forward to the first play this upcoming weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
The implication is that development cubes have their own colour, so you can only have one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.